• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

WARNING... PARCELTRACKING NUMBERS. Get wise. No Signature required?

A short summary and valid warning to all those who order things online using "TRACKED DELIVERY!"

THE FOLLOWING POST IS LITTLE KNOWN AND DISGUSTING.
It points out the logic behind TRACKING NUMBERS on parcels that do NOT need a signature.
All tracking does is guarantee, at YOUR expense, the sellers finances; YOUR money. YOU lose it if the parcel goes astray.
Tracking ONLY protects the seller BUT incredibly YOU have to pay for it. 

TRACKING NUMBERS... We assume the extortions charged for tracking so that we can go to an idiots screen and excitedly watch where our parcel is guarantees it will get to us.

In the case of ALLIANCEHOBBY.COM (Legal issues in that declaration welcome) Tracking numbers may be paid for (by you) but a signature is not required.

This is a very cheap way of getting out of paying money for higher security postal services, making your goods look like they're cheaper to get to you and if the goods do NOT get to you the seller is high and dry because apparently (unless you have bank insurance.) the seller doesn't need to take the issue up legally with his postal service afterwards.
You Lose.
Your parcel will be logged as DELIVERED but it is untraceable as to WHO delivered it WHERE and to WHOM.

SAFEGUARD YOURSELF.
Make sure that the seller you buy from uses a "SIGNED FOR DELIVERY" service because nothing else will protect YOU. This will make THEM liable if the parcel goes astray. It also FORCES the postman to get a signature from SOMEONE from SOMEWHERE.

Tracking ONLY protects the seller but at YOUR expense. That's right. YOU just paid for THEIR safety if the parcel gets lost. YOU get nothing.
In the UK, a Postal Delivery Driver will throw that parcel away and save 2 hours on his travel time simply by marking it as delivered because it needs no signature.
This is common practice in the UK AND the States and many people argue over.
Postman and their services are strictly timed and given near impossible schedules and hence... parcels go missing by their £millions because its easier to lose it and keep your job than post it late and get a warning. 

The topic stinks.
Its one ALL postal services wash their hands of.
TRACKING secures ONLY YOUR money in the sellers hands. It pays for NOTHING in your favour.

LEARN THIS. REMEMBER THIS.
You can relax about it as much as you like.
But when it happens to you, you read about it here first.

Anything worth any substantial amount of money is worth having 'sign for delivery' on it. Pyramid recently shipped my TX and did it that way when I was not thinking and forgot to insist on it. AoA as well with another gun. You think you like your UPS or Fed Ex driver and my UPS guy calls me whenever I have a package ( especially when it must be signed for ) . BUT when he is off and a substitute driver is on our route .... it is often a cluster _____. The subs often do not care. My UPS guy gets a nice Christmas present from me every year and he earns it. He tells me his route is a mess every time he goes on vacation. Just a couple days off and his customers are all upset. Takes him days to get things back to normal.

And where I live FedEx blows. I actually will go with a higher priced supplier if I know they use UPS over FedEx. I've heard the reverse from folks who live elsewhere.

Everything depends on location. My UPS driver is the biggest slackert that ever held a job. His stand-ins (while he is on vacation) arrive 4 hours earlier during normal business hours. The slackert ALWAYS arrives at end of day long after dark and I live 1/4 mile from the road behind a locked gate. I have paid for a guaranteed delivery window on 2 occasions and UPS NEVER made the window. They told me I was paying for a window that would happen IF they could make it. THAT is no guarantee at all. FEDEX is a pure pleasure here and the Postmaster and mail carrier are personal friends who go above and beyond what is required of the USPS! ;)

Thurmond

"Armstrong"Well, you know Neuces, its one of those life things. Its your possessions in someone else's hands and I've just been shat on. What can I say. All I can do is warn.
I was under false securities assuming "TRACKED" and its healthy costs meant "GUARANTEED" or at best "DELIVERED WITH REFUNDS IF IT WASN'T."
Sorry mate. My post was not meant as a criticism in any way. I was just adding what I have learned over many years with shipping. I used to buy and sell quite expensive cameras and accessories over the net. I too still put too much faith in 'tracking' and should not.

TRACKING NUMBERS... We assume the extortions charged for tracking so that we can go to an idiots screen and excitedly watch where our parcel is guarantees it will get to us.
Using Paypal - why would any buyer VOLUNTEER to pay for Tracking? That's crazy. As a seller I get tracking (as you point out) to protect myself. Once it's out of my hands (as a seller) it becomes the responsibility of the delivering agency to get it there. I'm covered.

As a buyer (using Paypal) there is NO WAY a seller could convince me to pay EXTRA for tracking.

Funny thing with the USPS if you ship priority tracking is INCLUDED in the shipping costs.

"Armstrong"A short summary and valid warning to all those who order things online using "TRACKED DELIVERY!"

THE FOLLOWING POST IS LITTLE KNOWN AND DISGUSTING.
It points out the logic behind TRACKING NUMBERS on parcels that do NOT need a signature.
All tracking does is guarantee, at YOUR expense, the sellers finances; YOUR money. YOU lose it if the parcel goes astray.
Tracking ONLY protects the seller BUT incredibly YOU have to pay for it. 

In the case of ALLIANCEHOBBY.COM (Legal issues in that declaration welcome) Tracking numbers may be paid for (by you) but a signature is not required.

This is a very cheap way of getting out of paying money for higher security postal services, making your goods look like they're cheaper to get to you and if the goods do NOT get to you the seller is high and dry because apparently (unless you have bank insurance.) the seller doesn't need to take the issue up legally with his postal service afterwards.
You Lose.
Your parcel will be logged as DELIVERED but it is untraceable as to WHO delivered it WHERE and to WHOM.

SAFEGUARD YOURSELF.
Make sure that the seller you buy from uses a "SIGNED FOR DELIVERY" service because nothing else will protect YOU. This will make THEM liable if the parcel goes astray. It also FORCES the postman to get a signature from SOMEONE from SOMEWHERE.

Tracking ONLY protects the seller but at YOUR expense. That's right. YOU just paid for THEIR safety if the parcel gets lost. YOU get nothing.
In the UK, a Postal Delivery Driver will throw that parcel away and save 2 hours on his travel time simply by marking it as delivered because it needs no signature.
This is common practice in the UK AND the States and many people argue over.
Postman and their services are strictly timed and given near impossible schedules and hence... parcels go missing by their £millions because its easier to lose it and keep your job than post it late and get a warning. 

The topic stinks.
Its one ALL postal services wash their hands of.
TRACKING secures ONLY YOUR money in the sellers hands. It pays for NOTHING in your favour.

LEARN THIS. REMEMBER THIS.
You can relax about it as much as you like.
But when it happens to you, you read about it here first.
I'm sorry UPS and FedEX are not routinely throwing packages in the trash! All postal services don't wash their hands of it. That would last about one day.
Wise up!!!! Before you throw essentially every delivery service and seller under the bus because they don't require a signature.

"BigTinBoat"

Using Paypal - why would any buyer VOLUNTEER to pay for Tracking? That's crazy. As a seller I get tracking (as you point out) to protect myself. Once it's out of my hands (as a seller) it becomes the responsibility of the delivering agency to get it there. I'm covered.

As a buyer (using Paypal) there is NO WAY a seller could convince me to pay EXTRA for tracking.

Funny thing with the USPS if you ship priority tracking is INCLUDED in the shipping costs.
I think you're missing the point: (Or maybe I don't get it myself, but the way I understand it is:)

You (the seller) do the tracking thing to protect your end of the bargain (the buyer saying he never got it scam, and you losing money and him ending up with a free item...) but in this case since there is no signature required the buyer does in fact NOT get the package, as the postman throws it in the ditch, or better yet he kept it himself (it came in very handy for him!) and sets the status of the tracking to "delivered" as there is no way there can be traced/tracked (pun intended!) that he in fact did or did not deliver it...

Some food for thought indeed-I recently handed a package to a Fedex driver who was at a box shop picking up packages. The next day, I tried to track it and it wasn't in the system! I called the Fedex hub and they couldn't find it. I sweated bullets till that evening when it showed up as in transit. From now on I will get a receipt from the box shop when I drop off a package.

"MartinT" but in this case since there is no signature required the buyer does in fact NOT get the package, as the postman throws it in the ditch, or better yet he kept it himself (it came in very handy for him!) and sets the status of the tracking to "delivered" as there is no way there can be traced/tracked (pun intended!) that he in fact did or did not deliver it...

I'm pretty certain the majority of carriers have GPS transmitter on their trucks. If you dig deep enough you can find out whether or not the driver came to your house.

BUT -
The OP is BLAMING this on the SELLER, not the ROYAL POST as he should be.........trashing Alliance Hobby instead of his own home delivery guys......

"Dirte"
I'm pretty certain the majority of carriers have GPS transmitter on their trucks. If you dig deep enough you can find out whether or not the driver came to your house.
They do! I also get an instant email notification when it is delivered. Easy to sign up for notifications with UPS, FedEx, and even the USPS.
I dealt with this exact thing. I was home waiting for a package and I received the email stating it had been delivered. Lo and behold, nothing of the sort had occurred. I immediately contacted the carrier and they contacted the driver. I was even asked how I knew it wasn't delivered. I had to explain to them I am retired and was home all day. As it turned out, the item was " delivered to the wrong address". I'm not saying that wasn't the case but just saying there are ways to keep everyone honest. But you have to do your due diligence.

Keith.