• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Walther Rotex....

Just my opinion, Jim does pretty honest real world reviews. He always states if it's a proto-type (which is to be hand built/assembled/tested and may well not represent the production units (You should have checked out exactly what the proto-type Discovery was, OUTSTANDING match rifle, not "exactly" like the production unit,LOL) or if it's one he ordered just like we do, anyone reviewing an airgun ourchased just like we do that posts the facts of what fillpsi and many different pellets did on speed and groups, and maybe some hunting, is a pretty real world review.

That said you got me to look up this rifle I haven't held yet, seems a screaming deal! So?
LW barrel, good
2stage adjustable trigger
REGULATTED
Or
Is it?
​ I didn't watch all reviews, in the UK they seem to be regulated , US maybe different? Reg in bottle so depends on bottle? Maybe call Tyler and asK And the tell us.
​230bar fill - which as long as a rig is regulated I like as I can just fill & shoot as long as I have above reg pressure left in the scuba tank, not to mention consistency
​ now it's a bottle gun but don't the pics look like a metal cylinder?
Is a minilli stock but to me just not so fetching.

​Who handles warranty AND stocks the parts for this "Umarex Walther" might well be a factor ? PA does sell them so maybe PA could help if needed? "Umarex" Doesn't always thrill me regarding support.

​ I have fired the Walther Dominator (230bar removable tube model) and it was a bit of a pos. POOR trigger and jams.

​ Now where are those 3 or more people who have one at home? Speak up ya'll !

John

My point is that you can't get much more hands on than I am. I have been in the hobby for thirty years and bet I have bought more Airguns in that time than most ever will. I get paid to write. I get paid for TV. And I get paid for some hunts. I do not get paid for reviews, and as a matter of fact there is an explicit understanding that I only do reviews on guns I'd use in the field not matter how it came to me.

In addition, I have always said that anybodies review is an opinion. Not only do these vary by preference, they vary by individual perspective, so asking for additional input makes sense. Implying that I am not hands on does not.

Brian echochap IS Jim Chapman . Was gonna set this one out but I can say I was lucky enough to have met him one time and can only relay he was a very humble but knowledgeable gentleman. I can also relayit was at an event where people posture and maneuver around for recognition like a bunch of peacocks looking for a hen to get lucky with . Jim was unlike others there . He was confident but definitely relaxed with who he is and it was apparent could care less if anyone recognized him .
While it would be silly to say that reviews aren't often slanted . It's not always the case . Michael has received his own fair share of criticism for how the forum is run . Or how it's perceived his opinions are slanted . But if you take the time to talk or message these guys you will see they can be a wealth of knowledge and are incredibly Frank about their experience. Running a forum , or hosting a show about airguns , or anything else is always gonna come with a group of people who come into it with opinions already at least partially formed . I was guilty of it myself until talking to both of these men . Try to have an open mind to the resources a forum like this has to offer from the guys who have been there and done that .
If there is someone in the sport more respected than Jim I have no idea who it could be . Staying power like that comes from being honest , not from pushing an agenda .

I asked if any forum members had any experience with the HW100 FAC so I could decide if it was for me. Jim was kind enough to reply and direct me to his review of the HW100. Based on his review (and others) I went with the HW100 knowing what to expect and I have not been disappointed. Jim's review was very accurate and described the HW100's good points and less good points.

By the way I am in Australia and have no idea of Jim's reputation in the USA - seems like a good guy with a good reputation and a fair reviewer of the HW100.

Chris in Oz

Well you should make yourself more known and use your name so folks like me who have only been in this sport 10 or so years would know who you are. I belong to the NRA, have for years.
The screen names, some which are in my opinion, are pretty silly at best, turn me off. I stand by my words. I appreciate the reviews I read, but your still a pro and I want to hear from a guy who has not had every gun in the world but does know a good one from a lousy one in his eyes. That is what I ask for. Again thanks for your review Mr Chapman, and I suggest you try to come across as something other than a grouchy old man to some folks that don't know who you are. With all due respect to you sir. Brian Smith Tullahoma Tn

Thanks for the kind words Joe and Chris. I appreciate your comments, I believe that each airgunners comments and thoughts on Airguns, their use, their preferences are all valid. If people want to call me a pro reviewer that's fine, but my actual profession is in healthcare and writing about Airguns is still a subsidized Hoby for me. And it's one I put a lot of effort into. So I don't mind at all if someone has a different point of view, but to intimate my process at reaching my own conclussions is based on anything less than a lot of shooting and experience is hard to ignore. I'm not going to continue this thread as it's non productive, but again thanks for the support.

I know I said I'd end this thread, but have to comment. My silly name Echochap, is because Echocardiography is my clinical specialty within cardiology and Chap is the beginning of my last name. I use it, because it has been my email address as long as I've been online, my website, YouTube, and it's the handle used on all forums and has been such for many years. I'm not "hiding" behind it.

You made an unfounded statement, based on lack of knowledge. To me that is ignorant. When I Responded to your post, instead of asking who I was if you didn't know, you were sarcastic which is why I said a twit (which means a silly, annoying person). So you can suggest that I don't act like a grouchy old man for protecting the integrity of my work, yet when I suggest you don't act ignorant for making an unfounded statement you quit the forum? 

You can mount a sling, the bottle mounts used on the Theobens, Rapids, and I would guess other bottle forward designs either fit or can be modified to fit the Rotex. Also not that difficult to fabricate on if need be. A barrel mounted swivel can be used, though you might have to remove the muzzle break to mount it. While I prefer a sling, and in fact you asked specifically about a sling as a shooting aid, would mention that what I am using right now is an Eberlestock pack with integrated scabbard. This solves the carry problem, though is not a solution for an aid to offhand shooting. Sorry about above, a raw nerve was touched