• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Waiting on my Cold-Steel .625

I guess it qualifies as an airgun. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of a Cold Steel .625 caliber 60-inch blow gun. The razor tip darts came in today, and they are far more menacing than I could have imagined. They are almost as long as my hand, from heel to finger tip, and are definitely lethal.

I picked up all the dart varieties I could find - bamboo, mini broadhead, razor broadhead, and the "bumblebee" stun darts. I read a review that the stun darts hit with enough impact to kill pigeons and squirrels, but I'm not too sure about that, esp on squirrels.

Anyone here have experience with blow gunning?

In another life I played with blow guns as a means of collecting small game. My gun was a 6 foot long piece of aluminum tube 1/2" OD and 3/8" ID. That size let me use a standard golf tee as a flight for my darts which were made from bicycle spokes. The volume of that tube closely matched the volume of a young man's lung capacity. A couple of feet longer would have about maxed out the achievable velocity. I'd guess I was pushing my darts around 140-160 fps but that is just a guess. It was a long time ago.

Blowguns are not humane for hunting things as large as squirrels. Maybe that is why they are inevitably used with poison darts where they are used for subsistence hunting? JMO but it is what it is.

Blowguns are not humane for hunting things as large as squirrels. Maybe that is why they are inevitably used with poison darts where they are used for subsistence hunting? JMO but it is what it is.

I agree. I have one and use it with the thumper darts to run off persistent pest that I do not want to harm. There is no penetration, just a stinging smack to the backside:)