• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Vulcan Tactic (all is well)

I'd been shooting my FX500 at 100yds quite a bit and it's doing well so yesterday I grabbed my 25 Tactic and shot these groups at 100yds. It was probably the calmest evening I'd had in a while. The target selection starts at the top left and across, middle, bottom left and bottom right. These were shot with JSB Kings straight out of the tin. The second group opened up but I think one flyer also. On the bottom left the paper kicked out and I pretty sure I shot all five pellets. I was really tickled with the results. Was going to shoot this morning before work but the wind was back to it's old habit.
JK

Storm, no I have not noticed any spirally out of this gun at all. Ron and Tommy thanks again. Steeve, trust me they were really at 100yds. I'm zero'd at 60 and very seldom shoot at anything less than fifty. If that as good as your Impact does at 30 I'd really consider something really wrong with the gun and/or the shooter. Here's a group a five I shot a couple of days later early in the morning, no wind at all.
jk

Jimmy, those are amazing groups. I have an FX Royale 500 that I love and swear by but the best groups I've been able to shoot at 100 yards measure about 1.5 inches on average. Granted, I've done very little shooting at 100 yards so I don't have extensive practice. Also, I don't sort pellets or go through any of the other troubles that some go through to get the best results. When shooting for groups I usually shoot at 50 yards and the Royale that i have is so consistent that I've been able to put 3 magazines in a row under a dime at that distance. I'll post the video here for those that haven't seen it. 

I've been considering getting a Vulcan tactic in .25 and I'm curious to hear your opinion on the gun, especially in relation to the differences between it and the Royale 500. The Royale is the most consistent, accurate gun I've shot to date, but those groups you are showing at 100 yards are incredibly impressive and are renewing my interest in trying a Vulcan. If you ever get the desire, I'd love to see some video of those groups and your shooting set up. Basically, exactly how you achieve those results haha.

Thanks for posting and great shooting!

All the best,
Cliff