• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Vulcan o rings

I have a Gen 3 vulcan and have not had an issue yet with mine leaking. But sooner or later I think all PcPs will need an o-ring change. I did a quick google search and there are a bunch of results listing all the o-rings. Here are some of the results I found that may help. Im going to say the the valve/reg o-rings are the issue. Now if you cocked the vulcan and the air no longer hissed from the barrel part of the issue could be that there is not enough air in there to make up for the hammer spring pressure if it is laying the valve. 

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/looking-for-a-o-ring-list-for-the-vulcan/

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/what-are-the-o-ring-sizes-for-agt-vulcan-and-edgun/

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/O-Ring-Seal-Kit-for-Airgun-Technology-Vulcan-Air-Rifle-Ref-VUL-/252380825611

If you are going to go into the thing I would just change all of the rings.

BoB-in-WV Has a good point. I ave seen this happen to my M-rod where I had to change the valve stem. Also I know that if the hammer spring is resting in the valve when airing up from empty it can cause the hissing unless you cock the airgun. Curious if you are using a hand pump. Because it can suck to air up a PcP from empty. And with that all covered. Look for the air leak once aired up at the gauge. If it has a slow leak and the airgun had been put up for a while, even as little as a few days your airgun could of dropped pressure just enough to cause the hammer spring to release the rest of the air. Soapy water is a good way to check the gauge area.

The Vulcan is a very easy gun to take apart. First thing I'd do is take the air tube off, and submerse it in water and look for any air leaks through the weep holes, Ernest told me that's how he looks for air leaks. That will tell you what end of the air tube may be leaking. What I did with both my Vulcans was to order O-rings through the O-ring store. There are four of us in my area that have the Vulcan, and it seems like my shop is where we do the tear down on these guns. If you don't have a reg puller you can take the air gauge off and push it out with 3/4" PVC.

Zonk

The Vulcan is a very easy gun to take apart. First thing I'd do is take the air tube off, and submerse it in water and look for any air leaks through the weep holes, Ernest told me that's how he looks for air leaks. That will tell you what end of the air tube may be leaking. What I did with both my Vulcans was to order O-rings through the O-ring store. There are four of us in my area that have the Vulcan, and it seems like my shop is where we do the tear down on these guns. If you don't have a reg puller you can take the air gauge off and push it out with 3/4" PVC.

Zonk

I agree with Zonk, the Vulcan is very easy to work on probably just a old oring

Mine is doing the same thing did you figure it out?

leaking air throughbarrel means that the valve is not sealing properly. Cock the gun and then try to fill it. If it still leaks try shooting one or two shots while filling. That may remove ant dust or debris stuck in the valve. If it still is not working then you need to open the airtube, empty all the air from it, open the valve and give it a thorough clean. Hope that will solve the issue.