• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Vulcan Accuracy Problem Fixed!

AJ3

Apr 24, 2015
My Vulcan 25 has been, like many other owners, one of my most accurate PCPs. A few weeks ago, this changed by throwing flyers and poor groups even at 30 yards or less. I cleaned the barrel...no improvement. Changed the probe o ring...no improvement. Chronographed a 20 shot string and all were < 1% fps deviation so no regulator problem. Removed the shroud and decided to look through it into the sunlight and saw a protrusion into the pellet path through the shroud. Disassembled the shroud and found this:

This is one of the orings inside the shroud that separate the cones. Somehow this broke, stayed in the shot path inside the shroud, and was enough to disrupt pellet tragectory. I am surprised that a piece of rubber persisted to cause my problems but after repair, accuracy is restored! 

Note that I always remove the shroud when cleaning but just never look through it.