• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Vixen Shorty

My buddy & I got these this morning. We could have limited out as squirrels were on the move, but we only hunted for 2 hours. I hunted this parcel two weeks ago & no squirrels. Squirrels moved in. It was not our best shooting, but these squirrels were not going to sit still, and all shots were standing offhand. 20-50 yards. Won't be able to hunt this piece till after the first of the year, as deer hunters will be in these woods.
20231116_114251.jpg

That's a great 2 hours! Good shooting. That's one thing I've noticed that the grays move around a lot more than the reds I grew up hunting. Back home you used to never see grays but now it's the opposite more grays than reds.
We have grays & fox squirrels. More grays than fox squirrels here. Are you saying red for what we call fox squirrels? The only red squirrels we have are small and live in the pines. Not much bigger than a big chipmunk. I have not shot any reds since I was a kid, as they are too small to mess with. They do have a bad reputation for castrating gray squirrels, I don't know if this is true. But I have seen the tiny red chasing the larger gray. I prefer to harvest grays over the larger slower, lazier fox squirrel. IMO grays taste better and are easier to skin.

Reactions: AmosBurton
We have grays & fox squirrels. More grays than fox squirrels here. Are you saying red for what we call fox squirrels? The only red squirrels we have are small and live in the pines. Not much bigger than a big chipmunk. I have not shot any reds since I was a kid, as they are too small to mess with. They do have a bad reputation for castrating gray squirrels, I don't know if this is true. But I have seen the tiny red chasing the larger gray. I prefer to harvest grays over the larger slower, lazier fox squirrel. IMO grays taste better and are easier to skin.
Reds here are fox

Reactions: Nutcracker