• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Vintage Pistols...

I looked for that 78 G mount But couldn’t find one. Maybe Nobody has any for sale at the time. I also have a Crosman 600 And a mark 1 that I just bought on the way.The 600 Is the only one I have that is in near mint shape. I’m trying to decide which one of my pistols I want to put some wood grips on. They really make the pistol look much nicer. One day I’m gonna take apart my Smith and Wesson and repaint it. I like the ones that have The dull Finish because it makes them look more realistic. Mine has the gloss finish and I don’t think it looks as good.

Have ordered Ron's Airgun book thru Amazon....

Have found a way to mount a Red Dot Reflex on my Crosman MK1...

There is a Drilled Tapped hole with screw installed on the Barrel Sleeve(tube) back to the Rear, just in front of the Pellet loading port, removed it and using the one screw to mount my Red Dot...sighting it in today.

Shoddy way to mount a RD but will see how it works out...

Will try for pictures today...

Bolero

I have received and read-viewed Ron's book...a real Must Have book for Collectors and Shooters alike, Great Photos also, my only However is Ron does not give adequate attention to the newer more recent lower end Single Shot Bolt Action CO2 Air Pistols, Crosman 2300S and 2300T Models, Diana Airbug, and similar models....and he does not really cover the Vintage Collector Crosman 78G & 79G Co2's or the Ruger MKI and MKII Models...Maybe he will have something new coming out soon....Buy the book it's a good read...Thanks for your efforts Ron, good job...

Still reading Ron's excellent book...came across his opinion of What is the Best Buy for an Air Pistol and he recommends the Crosman 1720T or the 1701P, both PCP powered pistols and both with a price of $490.00 or less and the 1720T being an Entry Level 10Meter Pistol......Now that is saying a lot...

His book and examples have me thinking about Scopeing a Pistol...

Bolero

FB97B3F6-A8BA-48F1-9B6F-781194D2B42A.1610888438.jpeg

Once the seal is running right, the best Webley overlever air pistol....The Mk1

Gotta get Ron's book (once the holiday bills are paid and our raises are FINALLY approved at work). I was inspired by his (and Odoyal's) comments about the Crosman 1701P being such a great value. Scoped up mine with a off brand 2x6x32mm AO mildot scope. I got the scope for $32 and of course a UTG dovetail to Picatinny adapter to move it back as far as comfortable (eye relief is still too short for freehanding but works well from a bench). Unfortunately the scope has jumped up to $70 (not worth that price). Love the looks of this setup but no longer fits in the original box lol Oh and a LDC from Air Gun Universe!

20210117_091635.1610893565.jpg

Nice looking set up with that 1701, I would have one but I dont PCP just CO2....I use Red Dots & Lasers have not Scoped anything yet, I have a nice Redfield Mini 5 Star I could use.... Shooting 25yd + this Spring, I would scope up for that...you will enjoy Ron's book & it's mostly PCP photos...,

I have a Diana Airbug I will scope up for quick change between Red Dot & Scope, I shoot mostly 8 yds paper & Chipmunks from my Patio...