• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Video Highlight: AirForce Texan .45 - Tuning for Accuracy / Shooting MOA Groups

I've been meaning to do this video for awhile as I get a lot of questions about how I tether. In this video we will cover the Huma-Air External Regulator. Instead of just focusing on the products I use, I wanted to make this a bit of an educational video of how I actually tune for accuracy while I am tethered. 

It was a great chance to try out the Nick Neilson NSA 350 grain Boat Tail Hollow Points as well. I had tested these out last week at 50 yards and was putting shots on top of each other so I was hopeful these would stay true at 100+ yards if I could find the right pressure combination. I have been trying for my Gateway to Airguns (GTA) Nuthin' Under a Hundred (NUAH) Master Rating for quite some time and this little magic pill did the trick. In order to hit this status you have to get 5 consecutive shots over 100 yards within 1 inch all within the #10 ring on the NUAH approved target. Watch this video to see how it went!

They grouped really well across my entire fill pressure range from 2300-3000 PSI. For hunting I would actually just set it at the full 3000 PSI to get the most FPE which was still getting me 2 inch groups at 100 yards (all in the kill zone for a Deer) - but for paper punching accuracy I found 2650 to be that absolute sweet spot. Again - every gun is different so I almost would just throw away that data point and tune these to your gun. Notice I have a bunch of mods on mine like muzzle break and carbon fiber sleeve.

I’ve noticed that Texans shoot more accurately at approximately 2700 psi than 3000 psi. I know that weight of slug will effect this optimum fill pressure, but 2700 psi is way more accurate than 3000 psi in every Texan I’ve shot. Your findings seem to support that at 2650 psi as being your sweet spot even though your gun is heavily modified.