Video: Benjamin Marauder Pistol review

I had a prod from a dealer, one of those incredible sales. It too shot terribly.
Returned it, went to the 1720T platform, and love them. I'd prefer the whump of a .22, but only accurate guns are interesting. Took electrical tape and placed it strategically around the metal pistol grip and the stock doesn't move, at all. Sawed off about an inch from the stock- from the leading edge of the butt, took two 1" sections out, one upper, one lower. Dressed the edges with sandpaper, reattached the butt with screws and now the length of pull is perfect.
it may look rough, but within 30 yards, it'll keep up with my FX, Pulsar, Vulcans, Cricket- You name it. I'm now modding a second one to run at 15 ft/lbs for beast mode.
Nice package if you want to carry light...

I played with mine a lil bit today. I took the .118 TP out and drilled it out to .136. Put a new spring in it, not sure what size, but pretty stout. Mine has a 16" Gaska barrel.
I shot a bunch of pellets JSBs. But only wrote down the last string I shot. JSBs 13.43 grain. 4 Bstaley Orings.
3000 Fill
1.773 17.768 ( 2500)
779 762
784 758
793 774
792 741
796 745
797 726
793 729
792 25.732 ( 1700)

Nice video Jeremy. I am heartened to see that I am not alone in dropping stuff multiple times - that danged transfer port and TP orings gave me fits. I often wonder if I should just work on my stuff while sitting on the floor.

I have been ino the barrel of mine more times than I want to admit to. I did find it easier to set the barrel depth by using the magazine as an index before setting the top screws. There is enough range to make it possible to make the magazine well too small (mag wont fit) and too large (mag drops all the way through the well). Not being critical - just telling you what works for me.

She's done for now. I put my trusty old Simmons Whitetail Classic 6.5-20x50 mil dot scope on it. It's kind of big, but now that the gun's reasonably accurate, it deserves something a bit finer than yon Bugbuster. (Might try the 6X Bugbuster on the Summit, but that'll be a trade-off: fine duplex reticle @ 4X vs. fat mil dot reticle at 6X. What's the lesser of two evils?)

It shoots one-holers at 14 yards with H&N FTTs and Predator GTOs. One ragged hole with H&N Baracuda Match.

I zeroed and shot a string over the chrono with FTTs:

Avg. 625
ES 13
SD 4
FPE 12.7

According to Chairgun, it should still be carrying 9 FPE @ 40 yards. That's at the back of my yard though, so I likely won't be taking many shots at that range, except for target shooting. Pesting shots will be 10-15 yards, mostly, so that should be plenty of oomph for those little buggers.

Here are some glamour shots:

"balllistic"What's the AOL and total weight now with the LDC and scope?
I think you mean OAL; it is just under 36". Weight before scoped was just under 5 lbs. and now it's over 5 lbs. Probably 6 or 6-1/4 lbs. My mailing scale is only good up to 5 lbs and my bathroom scale is not really good enough to judge more than to the nearest pound. You could calculate it out approximately. Stock P-Rod w/stock shoulder stock. A set of cheap rings, maybe a couple oz. The moderator, maybe another couple oz.

Here's the first nutter with that new barrel.
http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/first-pest-squirrel-with-the-new-barreled-p-rod/

"Smaug"
I think you mean OAL; it is just under 36". Weight before scoped was just under 5 lbs. and now it's over 5 lbs. Probably 6 or 6-1/4 lbs. My mailing scale is only good up to 5 lbs and my bathroom scale is not really good enough to judge more than to the nearest pound. You could calculate it out approximately. Stock P-Rod w/stock shoulder stock. A set of cheap rings, maybe a couple oz. The moderator, maybe another couple oz.

http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/first-pest-squirrel-with-the-new-barreled-p-rod/
Yeah OAL lol. Nice, it's still a carbine-like length and weight. How's the sound level with the new LDC? In your hunting video it sounds like there still a bit of a pop but that's at the shooting position indoors so downrange is likely much less.

"balllistic"
"Smaug"

Yeah OAL lol. Nice, it's still a carbine-like length and weight. How's the sound level with the new LDC? In your hunting video it sounds like there still a bit of a pop but that's at the shooting position indoors so downrange is likely much less.
Yes, muffled and lower pitch; sounds like slapping a dictionary closed.