• This section is NOT for leaving Member feedback. To leave a Member feedback regarding a Classified transaction simply go to the Members profile and click the ADD FEEDBACK button.
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Vetting ...

• Thread starter Deleted member 49222
  • Start date
Wow. Only 3 days in and already making demands? It's a 10 day waiting period. Stop being childish. You should hope a mod doesn't see this post, delete your account, and make you start fresh. This system thats in place works very well at preventing scammers. Best part? It's cheap.

The classifieds are an earned privilege for the members of the community. Sit back down in your chair, wait the whopping 10 whole days, and earn that privilege. Not everything in life is going to be a handout.

AN, put some effort into a real vetting system for new members instead of a child-like do some posts, replies, and set in a chair for 10 days to get out of a mandatory time out. Seriously?
@chickendumpling
If this system only applied to you then I could understand your gripe. Had you read the rules before joining maybe you would have a better understating of how the site operates or perhaps you may not have joined at all. Either way it’s your choice. Obviously you chose to join AGN and when you did you agreed to adhering to the rules of this site. Now that you can’t find a way around the rules, you opt to complain. And you’re expecting what exactly? By the looks of this thread I’d say the system is somewhat effective.

I suggest that you kick back, enjoy the site, soak up some good information, make acquaintances with some friendly folks, and wait for staff to grant you the privileges of membership. Or maybe politely contact staff or a moderator, or do the opposite of what you did to join the forums. The choice is yours.

AN, put some effort into a real vetting system for new members instead of a child-like do some posts, replies, and set in a chair for 10 days to get out of a mandatory time out. Seriously?
In the real world I would like to know some history about a person that I might send hundreds or a few thousands of my hard earned money to. How long they have been on this forum and what they talk about and contribute to conversations tells me more about them then them talking about themselves. To even bring up this vetting point tells me to never deal with you. Have a nice day.

Reactions: starlingassn
I recently bought a compressor off of armslist and the guy was awesome and let me to this site along with another. I enjoy shooting, but I'm really just here to look at the classifieds and to learn if I can find a forum on something interesting. I won't have opinions or pictures to share with the rest of the community, and I don't presumed at the knowledge base to help anybody else out if they have questions.

At least for buying, doesn't PayPal's buyer protection eliminate the potential for fraud?
What is this community? Small/tight knit enough that a lot of the people here. Just send the money directly?

#1/10, lol

Reactions: BlindPig95
Wow. . .I guess I'd do the same with any of my friends . . . Do people know each other in-person or just as reputations from the forum?

Responding feels a little bit like cheating, since I'm actively trying to get to 10 posts, but I am also curious. If anyone who sees this can direct me to a 'welcome page' or a 'how-to' page, that would be great, too!
A lot of guys here do shoot together, whether its Field Target or EBR or just plain recreational.

It really isn't hard to get permissions to deal with the classifieds. Just scroll through the posts, find some that interest you, and join in on the conversations. I wouldn't just do the bare minimum though. You may not get responses from sellers and buyers if you do.

Then of course, wait the required 10 days for approval.

Reactions: Yongshin43