• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Veteran power plenum with huma regulator

Hello i installed a power plenum and the huma regulator from talontunes on my veteran and there is about maybe 1/8 of an inch gap between the plenum and the air tube from the huma regulator spacer being to large, ive already removed some material from the huma regulator spacer but i was wondering if it needs to be completely flush with the air tube or is a 1/8 inch gap or smaller ok, it held 250 bar no leak with the small gap but i drained the air to be safe.

. . . depends on what you want to do. Mine's a .22 and I have the reg around ( I honestly forget . . . lol ) 130-135. I know it's NOT above 140 . . . .25 or bigger cal - you may want / need higher reg . . . . . Mine is getting to be a laser (still refining the tune) slinging .216 27.5g NSA's @low 980's (983 avg over 10 shot string). Calculator says is packing just under 60 ft/lbs.

So basically higher bar for heavier projectiles?

It's a 'what the projectile wants' kind of deal. 

Yesterday I shot JSB 34 and 25.4 side by side.

25.4 at 900fps and 34 at 780fps and the 34's won the battle with the wind. Obviously you'd want the pellet as fast and flat as possible but may end up chasing that and accuracy.

Even at 780 the 34's did well out to 40yards, ran out of time to shoot further