• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Vet leak update

Appreciate all the responses 2 weeks ago i got swamped with work again, but i did find the leak at the reg vent like you guys said. I'm ordering a huma reg from talon tunes today and maybe the power plenum and install both at the same time. Hopefully with these guides on youtube i can do install trouble free and get my gun working properly.

Edit: Before i purchase the power plenum off talon tunes, is it compatible with the huma regulator sold on talon tunes for the taipan vet .25?

This is actually a problem with the Taipan air tubes. I ran into this problem with the CZ Long that I got, the Huma reg + spacer fit fine in several other Taipans, but the assembly was too long for the air cylinder in that long tube.

Had to make a new spacer to get it to fit properly, not sure why the Vet tubes have differing dimensions.

Put the huma in, also added the plenum extension from talon tunes for more air/power and the gun STILL leaks unfortunately, so i sprayed all the joints and possible leak spots with soapy water and no bubbles. Tried the balloon on the fill probe since its a pretty slow leak and it does look like the balloon is starting to fill up slowly. I was wondering where i could buy the orings to replace the ones that are (hopefully) causing my leak. I can't find a video on how to remove the gauge and replace the orings.

Put the huma in, also added the plenum extension from talon tunes for more air/power and the gun STILL leaks unfortunately, so i sprayed all the joints and possible leak spots with soapy water and no bubbles. Tried the balloon on the fill probe since its a pretty slow leak and it does look like the balloon is starting to fill up slowly. I was wondering where i could buy the orings to replace the ones that are (hopefully) causing my leak. I can't find a video on how to remove the gauge and replace the orings.

The tubular piece that rotates to cover the hole where the fill probe is inserted has a small (2mm) hex set screw and you need to loosen that then remove the piece that rotates. A quality crescent wrench will remove the manometer and it takes quite a few turns.

When you re-assemble make sure that you can still insert the fill probe WITH THE ROTATING COVER INSTALLED. They made it so you can choose which direction you want the fill probe to point. In my case screwing the ENTIRE assembly in all the ways caused an interference between the fill probe and rotating cover.

Should you have an interference issue back the ENTIRE assembly out a wee bit but make sure the manometer is tight to the assembly or do a tiny cut-away on edge of the rotating piece.

My gun is a Taipan Vet long .25

Ok i took my gun apart again and removed the fill port and guage and around the o-rings there was like clumps of what almost looked like pieces of salt which is assume is the factory lubricant that maybe solidified? The air tube also looked like it has streaks inside of discoloration inside it, im not sure if this is normal or not and i noticed multiple knicks on the old regulator and around the guage when i removed it almost like the gun has been tampered with before. So i basically cleaned the entire airtube with balistol and wiped it clean thoroughly removed each oring cleaned them and the seals and put them back on because they looked fine and refilled my gun to 250 bar and so far it has held solid for an hour which it usually has dropped some by now. I REALLY hope this fixes my issue but i am also very concerned i was sold a used gun marked as new.