• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Very small o-ring dig on the inlet side of Twist X barrel inliner.

Does anybody know, if this small dig (very nearly arround outside of the inliner, only on pellet-in side of inliner) is used for an O-Ring ?

There are 4 O-Rings on my 700 mm X equally distributed on the whole inliner for fixing the inliner into the “outer barrel”. Yesterday I dismantled the barrel because I`m curious (Aaaarrgh, again some Loctite on the outer barrel barrel thread) and found a O-Ring hanging in this small dig.

I assume the O-Ring was slipped at this position due to dismantling the inliner when you have to pull out the inliner from the barrel ??

I can not imagine, that we have to put an O-Ring on this position, because assembly is not possible with an O-Ring there.
The O-Ring will slough when you introduce the inliner into the brass/metall inline holder. :(
However, inside the metall part of this brass/metall inline holder I can find a build-in O-Ring.

However although, for me its strange to understand if this construction is close and does not leaking during shooting when the air enters with high pressure into the inliner … :|