• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Very accurate HW90 ram

Very accurate detuned HW90. Set to 14 foot-pounds. Shooting 45 yards front bag rested. It is a blustery day with storms coming in. Probably would have all been nickel sized groups without the wind. Anoyingly light trigger at 6oz. But adjusting does nothing. But it is a great bench gun. Utilizing extremely light hold. Fun times!
PXL_20211010_202837734.1633898399.jpg
PXL_20211010_202829862.1633898399.jpg

@shawnlyndy that’s some great shooting. Don’t know if your in the Okc area but I’m North of Stillwater and it’s definitely a windy day. I tried shooting my HW97 the other day at 50yds but finally just gave up but the winds here were more than what they are today. I’ve shot NRL22/PRS22 matches in winds in the mid to upper 20mph and still managed to shoot good scores but the the little 8-10gr pellet has humbled me in winds that are a third that. Definitely quite the learning experience. Keep up the good work.

To detune you just bounce a pin punch off the schrader valve. It's easy. I've heard that you go too low and lock time is sacrificed. Of course it reduces cocking effort. I actually have the Theoben stirrup pump I bought in 1988. They're pretty rare I believe. Not the slim jim. You can still buy those. Maybe Sonny has an original Theoben pump.

Nice shooting.

My favorite HW rifle, that is for sure. If you have a pump, these are really sweet shooters at 20FPE. You will need to buy Barracuda pellets to go along with the power. 6oz trigger? That's quite scary. One of my R-1 lasers showed up with a 9oz trigger. At least I could up it to 1.5lbs. This is one of the hardest guns to master. If you can do it, shooting PCPs is a breeze.

Here is one of my RX-1's with the deluxe walnut stock option back in the Beeman heyday on top. Theoben TB90 on bottom.

20200404_100414_resized.1634101658.jpg