• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Velocity without Chrono

Hello guys,
​ Is there a way to come close to actual velocity without a chrono if you know what the velocity is for a certain pellet. (say 14.3 fired from a Ben NP2 .22 cal?) I use this to get the pellet path http://www.handloads.com/calc/index.html  and it's very close for my NP2 .22 cal. I want to try to compare pellet impact point for an 18 grain compared to the 14.3 grain pellet or other pellet weights. Thanks LarryB

Zero your rifle at a certain distance, than aim at an other distance and find the horizontal change of impact and try to fit the curve in chairgun. It isn't a very precise method but it should bring you to a value near the actual velocity. One thing is that you'll have to have the corresponding BC value, maybe somebody has tested it for this specific rifle so you'l have an approximation, otherwise just pick the standard value.