• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Utah Airguns, right reg, wrong gun.

Just received my Airmaks Krait x in 22. I bought a Huma reg for it. The reg came up with the bottle pressure until both hit 160bar, at which point I stopped filling. I posted under PCP Airguns asking for help. No help, just one statement based on a wrong assumption, and one that could have caused more issues. So, I pulled the manometer and discovered l am the owner of a MK1, not a MK2. Utah Airguns sent a MK2 reg witch is the problem. Disappointed about getting the MK1 instead of the MK2. I'll see what UA has to say. Hopefully I'll be able to exchange it for the MK2, but their policy has me in doubt. I'll be back here after I have talked to them. Been a customer of theirs for several years, so hoping 🙏 for the best. Bill and Addi

Reactions: mercado
i think its a common issue they are having. i called about purchasing one and requested that it had to be the mk2 or mk2 with the with the new Regulator (mk3 ). the sales could not guarantee it would be mk2 since "they dont open the guns to verify". that tells me they dont check the guns or the rep has no idea what he is talking about. saved myself some money by not making the purchase.

Reactions: Dairyboy
i think its a common issue they are having. i called about purchasing one and requested that it had to be the mk2 or mk2 with the with the new Regulator (mk3 ). the sales could not guarantee it would be mk2 since "they dont open the guns to verify". that tells me they dont check the guns or the rep has no idea what he is talking about. saved myself some money by not making the purchase.
Hi. Was that UA? The manometer air passage is different in the 2 variations, so easy to determine which it is. Also, shipping date should be an indication as to which variant it is. Airmaks surly informed dealers as to the change over. So I call bs on the rep you talked to. Glad you avoided the problem. Thanks for responding, Bill.

Hi. Was that UA? The manometer air passage is different in the 2 variations, so easy to determine which it is. Also, shipping date should be an indication as to which variant it is. Airmaks surly informed dealers as to the change over. So I call bs on the rep you talked to. Glad you avoided the problem. Thanks for responding, Bill.
it was from ua. as far as i know they are the only usa dealer that carries the krait. im sure the rep was either new or just didnt know the gun very well. they normally inspect the guns before shipping them out unless you opt out that. part of the problem is that he was unwilling to even open the box to see what version it was.

it was from ua. as far as i know they are the only usa dealer that carries the krait. im sure the rep was either new or just didnt know the gun very well. they normally inspect the guns before shipping them out unless you opt out that. part of the problem is that he was unwilling to even open the box to see what version it was.
Hi. Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, opening the box would not tell you if it is a MK1 or MK2. There is no identifier on the gun. However, removing the the reg gage will. The MK2 air passage is centered, the MK1 is on the edge. Also, the reg pin hole is bigger on the MK2. The Pellet Shop is an Airmaks dealer. I believe that UA is using deception in order to get rid of the MK1. They have to know which version they have, as Airmaks surely informed them at time of order. It will be interesting to see what they say when I try to return the gun tomorrow. Bill and Addi