• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Utah Airguns recent purchase

Another case of not being a "cool kid in the class" ... If you were a YouTube influencer things would be a whole lot different (sarcasm)
Sorry this happened to you.. a man pays for a brand new rifle that was supposed to be tested before shipping should have gotten just that! Had a similar experience through a different dealer years ago. I have never done business with them since and never will.

Ok, I’m just curious. Mainly because I know some people are completely outrageous once they feel wronged and other are like ducks and left stuff slide off their backs. Let’s pretend it was your gun that got some courtesy battle scars. What would you guys do? Personally I would have just laughed and said ok, that was humorous, how do you really want to compensate me for the damage. But I’m truly not sure about what would make me comfortable short of a clean gun I can put my own scratches on. Maybe if there was a product I was interested in purchasing soon and them making me a super good deal on it. That might ease the pain of me looking at what someone did to my gun every day.
Well Vet...I honestly don't know how I would have handled this particular situation ..it isn't mine to deal with.. but if it was my issue I reckon it would determine how the conversation went over the phone when I called to discuss the matter...

Reactions: Vetmx
Well Vet...I honestly don't know how I would have handled this particular situation ..it isn't mine to deal with.. but if it was my issue I reckon it would determine how the conversation went over the phone when I called to discuss the matter...
That’s kinda where I’m at. Offering two tins of consumables for something permanent, not gonna happen. Try again.

Ok, I’m just curious. Mainly because I know some people are completely outrageous once they feel wronged and other are like ducks and left stuff slide off their backs. Let’s pretend it was your gun that got some courtesy battle scars. What would you guys do? Personally I would have just laughed and said ok, that was humorous, how do you really want to compensate me for the damage. But I’m truly not sure about what would make me comfortable short of a clean gun I can put my own scratches on. Maybe if there was a product I was interested in purchasing soon and them making me a super good deal on it. That might ease the pain of me looking at what someone did to my gun every day.
I think the larger point is that someone that manages the Dept. or owns the business should be training their people on how to handle someone else's property. New guns are NEW. I'd think I'd return it. I'd also have a very serious talk with Everyone about customer expectation from a supposed High End Air Gun Retailer.

Smitty

So for two free tins of pellets thrown in with a scratched up new rifle, you’d buy it?
Not out of the gate admitedly. However if I was shown those marks and they said 50 bucks off and it was a rifle I really wanted I probably would. I just know it wouldn’t be the end of the world. I get posting here and being mad but it won’t make ME not buy from them. I get it if the OP never does. Believe me I’ve been there. I got royally F-ED on a gun from here that was delivered with a snapped in 2 stock without a single mark on the shipping box. Seller offered nothing and I ended up paying 100 bucks to have it repaired professionally. I mean what can you do I guess. I still very much enjoy that rifle and didn’t let it leave me all sour.

Sent a new gun back for warranty repair. Got a used gun back. Price should be discounted to that of a used/demo gun and a partial refund issued.
If the vendor is not held responsible for the damage it will continue. By offering a couple tins of pellets they can just send them out and never have to explain to the boss what happened. Issue a refund and it is a different story.

Send the rifle back to UA for a full refund. Buy another rifle from Krale. Nothing else, sick your credit card company on them. That is unacceptable treatment from UA on any rifle. Those are huge scratches, how did that pass inspection? Oh wait, they do not have inspections apparently.

An old quail hunter once advised me on how to handle a brand-new side-by-side Eibargun shotgun, with fancy wood I had bought from Spain. He said the first thing you need to do to really enjoy that fine piece is toss it into a thorn thicket and scratch up that stock. Now, pick it up and go hunting. You won't worry one bit about that stock from now on. Same advice might hold true here.

1676773320777.png

Reactions: maxtrouble