• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Uragan 2 .30 Power Tuning

I got it, but don't have much time. Came to me shooting 49.5gr NSAs around 940FPS with the reg somewhere around 120bar. I realized that the probe situated was too far back and the barrel is chambered shallow, so I adjusted the probe to sit forward. Still have work to do, it's not accurate with 49.5, but deadly accurate with 47.2gr and 43.5gr.

Last edited:
I finally found some time last week to start playing around with my .30. That "AGT" reg tester thay Talon sells is NOT compatible with these 18mm OD U2 regs (Tony has been also been ducking me on a refund 🤬).

Anyways, the valves in these rifles are not a lot of fun when it comes to tuning. The free floating hammer also kind of bugs me. The HST also doesn't seem to do too much except waste air when it's turned up. I definitely need to get under the hood deeper to see if I can get the valve to quickly dump the plenum just enough and then shut quickly.

That said, probe adjustment LITERALLY makes a night and day difference for tightening up groups! I've been able to get mine shooting 54.5gr NSAs at 1040FPS with as low as a 4FPS ES (9 shots), but ONLY when I fill over 250bar. I think I'm sitting around 170bar with that tune, but it's stacking those and 49.5gr at the same velocity about 1/2" at 70y.

9A3E57CE-0754-4C95-89B5-933F07F1EC31.jpeg

I think this rifle could work for NRL22, but I need to stiffen up this 700mm barrel first and foremost. Received some custom made carbon fiber barrel sleeves today from my carbon fiber vendor. They nailed all of the tolerances and they just slip over the barrel like riding a thin cushion of air! I have some pretty good ideas that I'm going to test out over the next week or two to see if I can get the barrel somewhere close to my Maverick. I hand tensioned my rifle after I got it using a PEEK washer to 60-65inch-lbs, but I think I can eliminate most of the play with some ideas that I'm floating.

12AE6679-2733-4127-B2A9-2CFC1237D74E.jpeg

I also took my handguard off as I got tired of it clinking against my bottle every time I lowered my rifle to the ground on a bipod. I might try and get some low-profile Arca rails made that would ride the length of the bottle. For now I'm just using a Yankee Hill rail extender.

Last edited: