• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Unofficial Extreme Bench Rest 2017 thread

Well it's been windier here in the last couple of days than it has been most of the year. The forecast is for things to settle down starting tomorrow. Temps a bit lower over the weekend, high 80's low 90s for highs. Hopefully we get those wonderful calm fall days the valley of the sun is capable of.

Assuming there is no prohibition I'll post pictures of my targets and whatever I can get for scoring. I'll leave taking lots of pictures and videos to the "pros".

If you have updates, pictures or videos feel free to post them here.

f9f143937674264f3dacb480cedf0a2e.jpg
30156de24d6fde315e54e680974737f1.jpg

A little slow on day one...
3b2162f4d4e8ac5fa25d4928d1cb6251.jpg

Despite the forecast for "breezy" what a wonderfully lite wind today. I feel sorry for the people complaining about the wind today, it was about as good as it gets here today! Reports that is was "dead calm, never seen it like this" at 7am from shooters that regularly shoot this range. 

25m kicks off at ~7am, with the shooters in this field we might see a 750 tomorrow morning!

Sightings...
  • Several 25cal Thomas Air rifles punching holes at 75y.
  • Matt and Ted.
I ended up with decent but not great bench draw for the main event and a great draw for the 25m.

Unofficial -- results aren't final I don't think till Sunday

Ken Hicks (RAW) -- 248/11 250/13 248/10 ... 746/34 
Kevin Hilgers (Thomas? old mans memory at work) -- 247/6 249/14 246/13 ... 742/33
Alan Suratt (RAW) -- 247/8 246/9 249/8 ... 742/25

Nothing yet on the ERB main, should have something tomorrow, I was happy with my score. I haven't heard anything on the bore big events. AFT seems like maybe depending on who you ask another regular here won that.

Thanks for posting the results. It's nice to follow the people from AGN. Do they have the caliber of the gun posted with the results or just the brand. 
Its a shame they can't post all results on there web site as they come to hand. 
Ive never shot in a competition or even at a range for that matter but very interested how it all works. 
Thanks

"AirSupply"Thanks for posting the results. It's nice to follow the people from AGN. Do they have the caliber of the gun posted with the results or just the brand. 
Its a shame they can't post all results on there web site as they come to hand. 
Ive never shot in a competition or even at a range for that matter but very interested how it all works. 
Thanks
Ken and Allan are running 17cal, I think Kevin is too.

"Coldking"Thanks Percula! Think today is the 75 yard small bore? -
don’t know why, but I thought they’d have 3 styles of Big-bore across 3 day’s? 
Ken tells me Bigbore is over —probably Kip and his BushBuck .45 caliber won it.
Big bore was Thursday, broken into two runs.

The main event is (2) 75y qualifiers, first was yesterday afternoon, second today starting at 9am. Finals at 100y tomorrow, top (10) from each relay advance. Two relays of "sportsman" class and two of "pro" class. Finals combine sportsman and pro class in the same relay.