• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

United States to Europe

Okay first NOT YET done the hop, but definitely plan to in what I hope is near future. Here is what I found out from Krale, off the record from their sales people and my Dutch shooting buddies. First the gun has to be 100% legal where you are traveling to without a permit, and in the Netherlands there are power limits on air rifles for you are fine, BUT Customs can be an issue and here is what I mean, TAXES!!! If you were coming here say for a competition have your paperwork in order, i.e. competition forms or similar. Also, KNOW BLACK AND WHITE what the local gun laws are where you are going traveling to. And remember cross border travel is no no in say a car with the air gun. Say I want to go to Denmark with my Leshiy 2 in .177 FAC version (.177 cal limit in Denmark without a firearms license) it is totally legal to do so, but i have two options to get there...drive and ship the gun, or fly with it. It would be illegal for me to travel across Germany with it without a European FireArms certificate, which I don’t have.

If I want to travel from the Netherlands to the USA and bring one of my guns with I would need the paperwork, aka I bought it here in the EU, and declare it with Dutch customs before I leave to travel USA. And for USA customs I just show them my return ticket and say I am coming home to hunt or etc and will take it back with me when I leave (maybe ;) Do the same, show your stuff to US Customs or someone so you don’t get bit in ass on way back.

BUT....I will NOT bring any of my moderators with me to the USA. I have duplicates in USA, because Krale told me no no no, or USA customs will confiscate them if found (minimum) and there has been more than one string on this topic here on AGN. So don’t bring moderators with you, because you will have issues going back.

Second, like I have been told, two options to get the guns here, bringing them on the plane with you and shipping UPS. If I shipped back to the Netherlands I would include a copy of original receipt of the airgun because of tax reasons. From what I have found out for what airlines charge is between $100 / $200 each way, and they have to be in a lockable case just like you would ship a firearm and I believe ammo can not be in the container, but you pretty much can get what you want here. P.s. I don’t know if you can classify your air rifle in the case as your one piece of “free” checked luggage, then use a carryon, trust me for one way, if I can I will!!!

Look at where you are transiting through. I know people who have had issues transiting through Germany with air rifles and German custom’s panties got in a bunch, but again they were transiting through and had their paperwork in order so it worked out. i would say this applies to Peoples Republic of New Jersey too. For me fortunately there is a direct flight from Amsterdam to Salt Lake City so no transit issues.

And honestly, unless you live here, it might be better just to buy something here and get the taxes back on your return trip or ship it back.

Also, the smaller the caliber the better, IMHO.

This week I just shipped a rifle to my hometown in the USA to my sister’s house where my address is registered, so I shouldn’t have an issue, I said it was a Christmas gift for my sister/nephew. I will let everyone know how that goes.