• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex Buckmark

This is a great pistol at a reasonable price point and it's a springer (no co2) I keep it in my workshop and shoot at about 5 meters. It's listed as 360 fps and is easy to cock and load. The only downside is the trigger, it's kinda stiff. I've seen mod tutorials on YouTube, has anyone successfully lightened the trigger pull? I'm thinking about doing one but I don't want to screw it up.

I've got one also.
Simple guns, always there to do work ! Not major killing powerhouses, or super accurate, but an inexpensive fun gun to shoot.
Plus, I've got a copy of the Browning Buckmark firearm also. A fairly accurate copy of the firearm version.

Yeah, the trigger is a bit heavy, but smooth, at least mine is. I know that they can be different, gun to gun.

No, never looked into lightening the trigger on this one.
Maybe I'll look into it, see what there is to see.

I bought one of the (oddly) loved P17 Beeman pistols some time back. It had a horrible trigger action. Had it apart three times trying to make it even...somewhat...usable. Got it much better, but even "much" better was/is still even a long way toward right ! It just sits now !

Mike

Reactions: Trunion
I looked at a couple of the YouTube videos earlier.

From what I see, the actual trigger spring is what it is. not really lighten-able. And while polishing the moving parts "may" help some, the way that the sear works, it's up against the heavy piston spring. Therefore, while smoothing the sear step may help a tiny bit, there's no way to "fix" the weight of the piston spring weight on the sear parts.
Possibly shortening the step on the longer part of the mechanism (sear arm ?) will help a little, I also see doing that will also shorten the life of the part (name ?) that controls the action of the piston spring, part of the sear. It may wear out prematurely from having a smaller step, with the same high spring load.

Plus, the location that the folks in the videos are reworking...are...modifying the WRONG location of the sear !!
One guy replaces a long spring with a lighter one. Not sure, but I think it looks like it helps keep the sear in battery (ready to fire). Not positive that a lighter spring would help a lot.

Overall, it seems like a lot of work for a very minimal amount of trigger pull lightening. And all on an inexpensive gun. To have gunsmith do the work, would cost four or five times what the gun is worth !!

Mike

Last edited:
I looked at a couple of the YouTube videos earlier.

From what I see, the actual trigger spring is what it is. not really lighten-able. And while polishing the moving parts "may" help some, the way that the sear works, it's up against the heavy piston spring. Therefore, while smoothing the sear step may help a tiny bit, there's no way to "fix" the weight of the piston spring weight on the sear parts.
Possibly shortening the step on the longer part of the mechanism (sear arm ?) will help a little, I also see doing that will also shorten the life of the part (name ?) that controls the action of the piston spring, part of the sear. It may wear out prematurely from having a smaller step, with the same high spring load.

Plus, the location that the folks in the videos are reworking...are...modifying the WRONG location of the sear !!
One guy replaces a long spring with a lighter one. Not sure, but I think it looks like it helps keep the sear in battery (ready to fire). Not positive that a lighter spring would help a lot.

Overall, it seems like a lot of work for a very minimal amount of trigger pull lightening. And all on an inexpensive gun. To have gunsmith do the work, would cost four or five times what the gun is worth !!

Mike
I think you're right Mike, a bit too much work for too little reward. The trigger pull on mine isn't that bad either, I can learn to live with it. I also have a HW75 which is in another ballpark. The trigger on that badboy is as slick as snot.

I have the Umarex Ruger equivalent. The trigger was pretty bad out of the box,er Blister Pack. I too looked up the YouTube tutorial for making the trigger better and now it's much better and the little pistol is now enjoyable to shoot. I use it on the farm to pick off the big-o grasshoppers we have. Cool pistol for the price.
IMG_20221009_112617241.jpg

Mike