• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

UK Rabbit shooting

I have been away with my wife to France for a week, so it was nice to get back out with the rifle.
i went back to a large garden and paddock I haven't shot for about a month, rabbits there had been getting weary due to me shooting it so much so I had decided to rest it.
1st rabbit was a straight 35yds
2nd was 55yds
3rd was 58yds
4th was 38yds
i did have a go at a 70yd Rabbit but put the pellet down in front of his nose and he ran

Range Finder has transformed my shooting and I love the accuracy of the S510

Very handsome gun, that sounds very satisfying.

I recently got my first good shooting permission for rabbits on a smallholding (farm) in the middle of England.

I have a choice of taking .177 HW100TK. (sub 12fpe) Sidewinder 10x42.
Wildcat .22 (sub 12fpe)
Wildcat .25 (FAC 47fpe)
Airwolf .22 (FAC 36fpe)
CZ BRNO .22 rimfire (FAC ~100fpe)
Ruger 10/22 rimfire (FAC ~100fpe)
I had to apply to the police to get the land 'cleared' for use with rimfire and FAC air rifles, which was a pain and took 3-4 weeks.

But now, I still tend to pick up the sub 12 fpe HW when I go out. I'm happy to shoot out to 45-50 yards with it.
The .22 Wildcat I would probably limit to 40 yards due to the trajectory. It's as quiet as the HW which has a HW moderator.
The .25 Wildcat I am happy out to 75 yards, but it is loud enough to empty the field. I'm waiting to tame it a bit more.
The .22 Airwolf is pretty quiet (Twink moderator) and is great out to 65yards. I should probably use it more.
The rimfires are loud enough to disturb the horses next to the field where I can use them (they'll get used to it) up to 80 yards.

Longish range rabbits with a sub 12 is a challenge.
You have to be spot on with the range finder and check it and recheck it. 2 yards off can mean a miss or a wounding.
You have to be sure there is no wind.
You have to know and check your aimpoints for your pellet. I put them on a strip on my stocks.
You have to be prepared to take your time and take your finger OFF the trigger as often as not, if things are not quite right.

"Simshaz"I have been away with my wife to France for a week, so it was nice to get back out with the rifle.
i went back to a large garden and paddock I haven't shot for about a month, rabbits there had been getting weary due to me shooting it so much so I had decided to rest it.
1st rabbit was a straight 35yds
2nd was 55yds
3rd was 58yds
4th was 38yds
i did have a go at a 70yd Rabbit but put the pellet down in front of his nose and he ran.
Check the best gun safe for the money 2016 in this link
And check best shooting sticks here

Range Finder has transformed my shooting and I love the accuracy of the S510

Look good, Let's make better. :)