• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

U.K. Shooter

Just joined the site, love reading the forums on here and seeing the bigger calibres.
been around Air Rifles for over 30 of my 50 years and still keep coming back to them.
got 2 at the moment, a lot less power than most of yours given the UK 12 ft/lb rules
as below

Air Arms S410F TDR .22, Swift Silencer, Deben Bipod and Mamba 4-12x44 Optics
Air Arms S510 Ultimate Sporter .177, Hawke Endurance 4-16x50 Optics

keep posting and I will keep reading

Welcome Simshaz.... I am a Brit transplant myself. I was born and raised in the UK until 1993 when I moved to the US to work following the information technology ramp up. Been here ever since. I grew up with 12 ft Ib's but also had a shotgun certificate and hunted 300 acres of farmland that bordered on the Holland & Holland shooting ground in Harefield. It seems a lifetime ago now, but after many years of being "off-the-leash" in the US with powder burners, and public access to hunting land in Minnesota, where we are spoiled with no real restrictions to gun ownership ( that is another whole broad discussion I am not going to touch here) but am loving the ability to shoot, hunt, fish wherever with the correct licenses and tags etc. I shot competitively for many years on Highpower course (200, 300, 600 yard) and am now back to Airguns again. I recently got caught up in the PCP buzz this autumn after mainly being used to springers ((HW77k in the UK and a Weihrauch HW95/Beeman R9 here in the states) so here I am now with a US spec BSA Scorpion in .25 ( 27 ft Ib's) and a JKHAN Noblesse in.22 (30ft Ib's). This is a great forum...

How hard is it to get a FAC for a full power .22 or .25 PCP for example? I know they are technically considered 'firearms' over 12ft lbs, but I would hope they'd give FACs out easier for air rifles than say a .223 or .308 powder burner. I mean, 30-50ft lbs is a lot less than 1200+ !

If you have a clean record and join a club is that enough, or do you have to do some really serious justification?

Nice to have you here, LOVE shooting 12fpe rig's though I do own more powerful rifles 12fpe really does help develop shooting skills. I used to shoot a bit of Field Target ( US rules) and a friend showed up with his RWS75 shooting in the 600fps range and doing very well. That inspired me to take my 12fpe rig and try some 110 yard target shooting, addictive.

John

TDKHow hard is it to get a FAC for a full power .22 or .25 PCP for example? I know they are technically considered 'firearms' over 12ft lbs, but I would hope they'd give FACs out easier for air rifles than say a .223 or .308 powder burner. I mean, 30-50ft lbs is a lot less than 1200+ !

If you have a clean record and join a club is that enough, or do you have to do some really serious justification?

the FAC is the same regardless if its an airgun or PB. Only shotguns require extra certification which you opt out of. Getting an FAC is a bunch of background checks, fees and a referee. Reading about it, it just seems like a hassle.
I think for an FAC airgun you have to have land that is approved.