• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Turning your Rock Chucker into a slug press?

Making your own for many reasons and I fear that a lead ban will be coming down the road. Especially where I live.

I feel ya on that. It's one of the reason I left there.

I did a little looking around and found that Corbin makes dies that you can use with a reloading press. Seems I was wrong.

Cheers,

J~

I feel ya on that. It's one of the reason I left there.

I did a little looking around and found that Corbin makes dies that you can use with a reloading press. Seems I was wrong.

Cheers,

J~
I just contacted them the other day asking about this, Pellet Swage Kit, type -R. The response was...

Currently, we aren’t making dies for reloaders accept for the rimfire jacket maker kit. However, we will be offering them in the near future. We have such a large backlog of our own dies that we are working through.
We do have our presses and die kits available and in stock. That kits is $1630, would you like to order that?
Thanks and please reach out with any questions.
Best,

Reactions: Treefrog
Well the limiting factors is amount of pressure that can be handled and applied.....
For Moderate Swaging Pressure... up to .45 caliber... the S-Press CSP-1 (perfect for my needs .177 -.30)
Also the frame is made withstand over 100,000 psi..which is about 2.5x more than a cast frame can handle.....
Then for serious work 50 cal and above... H-style Mega Mite CSP-2 is needed.....

But for use with reloading presses like the RockChucker... Corbin makes a set of dies that can used....
But they limited to making a straight sided pellet in a SWC configuration....$ 676.

• Wow
Reactions: Treefrog
Well the limiting factors is amount of pressure that can be handled and applied.....
For Moderate Swaging Pressure... up to .45 caliber... the S-Press CSP-1 (perfect for my needs .177 -.30)
Also the frame is made withstand over 100,000 psi..which is about 2.5x more than a cast frame can handle.....
Then for serious work 50 cal and above... H-style Mega Mite CSP-2 is needed.....

But for use with reloading presses like the RockChucker... Corbin makes a set of dies that can used....
But they limited to making a straight sided pellet in a SWC configuration....$ 676.
They are currently not selling the die kit unfortunately. I just contacted them, so I'm hunting for alternatives.

They are currently not selling the die kit unfortunately. I just contacted them, so I'm hunting for alternatives.
The die I'm referring to is NSA style.
Presslug makes a press and dies from .177 up to .35 cal. Also I saw someone is making dies that don't require a press, you can use a hammer. I can't think of who it is right now.
Not going for the hammer job, lol. Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how to use the presslug dies with this. I will need some machining of course. I just ordered some test slugs from APEX Airguns. If they work out, I'll order the dies and go from there. The tricky part is making the auto eject work. Maybe a way with the built in primer press?

Take a look at this thread

Some users discuss swaging bullets as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
The Rock Chucker (in all 3 (4?) of its incarnations) is more than capable of swaging pellets. I have swaged 9mm and 40 cal bullets with one, and know several (powder burner) benchrest guys that routinely make 6mm jacketed bullets on them. Dies are the issue. I've been meaning to try to make some, but that's not an option for all. Nonetheless, the press is not the obstacle...

GsT

The Rock Chucker (in all 3 (4?) of its incarnations) is more than capable of swaging pellets. I have swaged 9mm and 40 cal bullets with one, and know several (powder burner) benchrest guys that routinely make 6mm jacketed bullets on them. Dies are the issue. I've been meaning to try to make some, but that's not an option for all. Nonetheless, the press is not the obstacle...

GsT
@GeneT I too am interested in learning how to alter this type of press to accommodate airgun slug swaging dies. Any more insight in this regard would be appreciated.