• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning question

So im still waiting on my chrono to arrive i really havent adjusted anything on my gun out of the box and ive been testing 26g nsa slugs, 25g jsb and 33g jsb. I've noticed with the lighter pellets my groups are kinda sporadic and a 2 or 3 pellets out of a 10 shot group hit almost an inch from where im aiming, but as soon as i go with the heavier 33g jsb pellets my groups are almost 100% consistent and just print one hole. My question is do you guys think my velocity is to high for the lower grain pellets or something, i'm really curious because the card they tested my gun with at 50 yards used 25g jsb pellets and its one hole at 50 yards and says the velocity was 995 fps but i do not think ive gotten a single group like theirs with the 25g.

gun is taipan veteran long .25, range 50-75 yards 

Nobody can reproduce the groups that come with these guns. I believe these are shot out of a gun that’s held by a solid vice type rest. Takes all human error out of it, and distance is like 10 yards. 

Back in the day we used to get these clover leaf targets from beeman that accompanied the gun. My buddy and I used to think that beeman hired someone good with a hand held punch, to produce groups like that because we couldn’t.

weve come to expect our pcp’s To be one holders at 50 yards, when in truth, to have that done all day for each gun being sent out, there’s just no way. Look at how excited we get when the second shot is nowhere to be found on the target. It’s because it’s a rarity. 

Just my humble opinion. Not saying it can’t be done as it can, but on a rare occasion.

yea i guess ill set the slugs to the side wasnt aware it could damage my barrel

Fouling a barrel is not damaging it. It just means the rifling has collected some lead, from the slugs or pellets and will thus need cleaned for best accuracy. Slugs have a tendency to foul barrels more quickly as more lead is in contact with the barrel than with pellets. New barrels foul more quickly. Some kind of lube, I use silicone oil, on your projectiles will keep it clean for a longer period of time. Looks like your gun is tuned for the 33gr pellets so why not shoot them they buck the wind better than the 25gr anyway.

chrono gets here tomorrow finally, did some shooting today with the 25grain jsb's and i was just stacking them in one hole at 65 yards then ill see my pellet just swirl and hit 1 inch the left or right or down low, kinda like its just destabilizing or like its hitting something. I checked the end of my shroud and i see no knicks or signs of the pellet hitting it on the way out so not 100% sure seems weird