• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Truth behind Macavity Arms Prototype Airgun

First time shooting my MA2 .25 long barrel. I used recommended JSB Match Diabolo Exact King pellets and my take-off 3x9 gamo scope. 40yds with 15-20mph wind. Top right was adjusting scope. Then 5 groups of 5 shots each. I will get another scope soon but I am pretty happy with this result
1000006859.jpg

I dropped the speed down to 880fps and shot these groups @53y with a Discovery 2-12x compact scope. Those shots that look like fliers are actually my last shots each time. Whenever I have nice groups going, I do that. I wasn't using a rear rest either. I am overall happy with this, I was just checking basic accuracy, the red dot is probably going back on soon, way more fun for plinking off-hand. I will be buying the metal magazine when they come out because these feel a little too delicate and they are slightly less easy to load than a CARM magazine. A fun airgun, and once I get the side folding unit for the stock, will be very easy to take places.

MA2grp.jpg
MA2wScope.jpg

Last edited:
I know a few of you are shooting the MA2 on a regular basis since it is still new. I have 1 out of the 3 plastic magazines that has 2 positions that will not feed into the barrel. it is the 3rd and 9th load positions or the 2nd and 8th shooting depending on how you count. The pellets seem to load into the magazine fine but then when I am trying to shoot they will not push out of the magazine and end up with a crimp in the domed head from the chamber or edge of the magazine.

any ideas on a solution?

I have already emailed Macavity and explained the problem. I am only using the remaining 2 magazines to limit the chances of damage to the rifle.

You really can't because of how they're made, doing so would block further rotation. I was thinking of blocking the last position, but thought better of it because I didn't expect it would hold up.
might see if I can find a small rubber plug, shorter than the pellets. Maybe it would block center without preventing rotation. Looking a little hard to mark and remember which position not to load, but not loading did work. I need to take it apart to see how it stops on pellet. If it is not in the center and is more to top or bottom, plug might work.

might see if I can find a small rubber plug, shorter than the pellets. Maybe it would block center without preventing rotation. Looking a little hard to mark and remember which position not to load, but not loading did work. I need to take it apart to see how it stops on pellet. If it is not in the center and is more to top or bottom, plug might work.
Go back and look at my mag pic and you will see the post beneath the spring. That is in the channel and what holds the round in place to feed, the wheel has to spin around. Take your mag apart and you will see what I am talking about. You could plug the first hole you load, to stop firing on an empty chamber, because it is already at the end and won't get in the way, but that's it.

• Sad
Reactions: gstrain
Some one is Selling a MA Genisis for almost 600. What gives
How are the Beta testers worth more than a new ?
They aren’t and I believe that gun has been up for awhile. Best part is I’m pretty sure the gun was given to him to review. I almost made a thread about it. Should I be offended enough to unsubscribe from the channel ? I kind of am for some reason but never made the thread or unsubscribed…. Lol

They aren’t and I believe that gun has been up for awhile. Best part is I’m pretty sure the gun was given to him to review. I almost made a thread about it. Should I be offended enough to unsubscribe from the channel ? I kind of am for some reason but never made the thread or unsubscribed…. Lol
Wouldn’t buy anything from him. Nothing but a puppet for whomever gun he’s peddling he got for free.

I’d support that. That is some crappy move on the reviewers part

I love how people call his channel a review channel when all he does is put a few mags through a free gun he begged the company to send him. Tells everyone how great it is and then tries to sell it on here for a profit. If the company doesn't give him the time of day, he comes on here to bash them and then gets flamed by the regulars and apologizes a few days later and all is forgiven. It is all for views on his channel and nothing more. You can't post a review of a gun then come on here and go how do I tune this thing. Don't drop a free gun and then have to pay for it and come on here to sell it because you plan to buy a not banged up one. Dude is a sham.

I love how people call his channel a review channel when all he does is put a few mags through a free gun he begged the company to send him. Tells everyone how great it is and then tries to sell it on here for a profit. If the company doesn't give him the time of day, he comes on here to bash them and then gets flamed by the regulars and apologizes a few days later and all is forgiven. It is all for views on his channel and nothing more. You can't post a review of a gun then come on here and go how do I tune this thing. Don't drop a free gun and then have to pay for it and come on here to sell it because you plan to buy a not banged up one. Dude is a sham.
Gets it free and try’s to charge over the cost of a new MA2.

“Rare preproduction model “

I had my mucking boots on for that

Well everyone who reviews says there are accuracy issues. mags thin and have to plug? most of the pics of groups are VERY ....shotgun-ish! i hope the production models are improved. ill be waiting a year or 2 personally till i see some 1/2." groups regularly at 50 yds.:cautious:

I dunno. I think consistent MOA groups at 50 is a big ask for any airgun close to this price range. At least without a lot of mods and tinkering.

Ive been watching every review and videos for months as i also was very excited! most every video the groups look like a shotgun patern and everyone mentions accuaracy issues? my aircuda shoots INCREDIBLE! I guess im spoiled as its my first PCP , and im gettn pretty effortless 1/2. groups at 47 yds. SO...... ill be holding until i see some repeatable accuracy thats standard. when i see little groups ill buy one!:unsure:

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers