• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Trigger pull gauge

So it seems all my triggers are a little different when it comes to pull weight. I have a newer gun I had a hard problem playing and setting the trigger to something I was used to already, which is light. Very light. So I was going to buy a lyman and started shopping for one. I go to Amazon because it was quick and easy. Well not if you find out there are other designs! Apparently there is this inexpensive $20 one that works pretty good. So I thought I buy it.
Screenshot_20230106_190855.jpg

Well maybe good if you are looking for a pull weight above a pound or two but not if it is lower than 9 or 10oz. And the increments seem to be too big.

So I bought a Lyman and it will read down to 0.1 oz! It will even average the last 10 pulls as well.
20230106_191437.jpg

This unit even thought it was twice as expensive is well worth it if you want to measure light trigger pulls. I think this is probably as good as it gets but maybe someone has found something better?

Oh I also found out that Midway currently has the best prices on this unit.

Allen

There are gauges that measure to the fractions of an ounce for much more money but no reason to apply them here. The Lyman digital is a great tool.

If you’re bored you can check accuracy by picking up different weights tied to a thread.
This is how we used to check for minimum trigger pull years ago.

4DB88461-E9DA-4A36-9B5A-100DE7E56461.jpeg