• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tried to fry squirrel tasted very gamey

"Willie14228"Hey first time trying squirrel found it gamey, same day shoot and cook.
What do you folks do to get the game taste down?
Not had that issue with squirrel and I actually like gamey tasting critters, but many who don't soak their spoils in buttermilk for a day or two . It will also serve to tenderize the flesh as well. 

I don't mind a little game taste but this was stronger than I liked.
Squirrel may be off the table anyway.
Wife had a fit when she figured out what those little legs belonged to.
Deer n Hogs she will tolerate but little fury critters and I get the evil eye and cold side of the bed for a week so I guess I will have to stick to the big two.
I liked the challenge of shooting squirrel little buggers can be hard to hit. But I don't like shooting something I don't plan on eating or at least for a better reason than target practice.

"Willie14228"I don't mind a little game taste but this was stronger than I liked.
Squirrel may be off the table anyway.
Wife had a fit when she figured out what those little legs belonged to.
Deer n Hogs she will tolerate but little fury critters and I get the evil eye and cold side of the bed for a week so I guess I will have to stick to the big two.
I liked the challenge of shooting squirrel little buggers can be hard to hit. But I don't like shooting something I don't plan on eating or at least for a better reason than target practice.
That's too bad. Did you remove the glands before cooking?

Every squirrel I have ever had were fantastic with glands removed.