• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Took an airgun to a rimfire shoot

I took my BSA R10 MK2 to my club's monthly shoot. This month was rimfire at 50yds. Our monthly shoots are pretty informal and are more about just getting together. I was expecting a little ribbing as I put the R10 in the rack but one of the regulars saw it and pronounced "Now I'm worried. Those things are really accurate". So much for getting in under the radar. I did well - winding up in a four way point tie for first place (99pts out of 100 on a "kill zone" squirrel target). I missed out on the tie breaker shootout (they had more bullseye hits). 

I also brought my Wildcat .25 for "show and tell" in case anyone showed interest in airguns. I did get a couple guys who wanted to shoot it. One of the shooters was printing groups at 50yds so I dialed it in for 100 yards and told him to try for the steel plates. He put all 8 shots on the steel and I noticed that everyone had stopped talking and was looking down range. I was so busy watching him at the bench that I did not realize he was shooting the small plate (2"). Maybe we will have a couple more airgun enthusiasts?
20210905_090919.1630850752.jpg
20210905_090646.1630850752.jpg

Good job it's great to be able to share the addiction with someone who is unaware of it now and then. You can't have the addiction if you're not introduced to it. ;^)

When I am at the range and someone takes interest in what I am shooting I always offer some shots to them. More often than not they take me up on it. Had one guy who shoots in pistol competitions shoot the .25 Impact at a 10 inch ram at 220 yards. He hit it all three shots so was quite impressed but probly not with the price.

They all love the SK-19, 9mm and Arrowgun as well. It's always nice to see the expressions on their faces once they pull the trigger for the first time.

At my club about 2000 members/shares in total and actively/frequently visiting about 6-650 ?!

I am the only one with a PCP airgun. And I am usually seting up my table (tripod and tethering) at a LR22 range (as per club rules only .22 rimfire is allowed at that range with emphasizing the .22) and my .25 can easily blends in.

In several ocasions I have seen a gooood look from bystanders, but just last time one of the LR instructors approached me with he's student...They admit never seeing a PCP but liked my Impact very much.

I told him that in last four visits/days at a club I was finishing up my 14 liter SCBA tank and thats well over a thausand shots that costs me less then $50 including a gasoline coming to a club. Ok, I know I shall not talk like that to a stranger, but immediately I got a respect

The initial buy in price of our airguns gives some of those with interest a bit of sticker shock. Once you tell them just how often you get to shoot, how many rounds, and how much all of that shooting costs compared to powder burners..... you see the light come on. Lol

Shooting my airguns made me better at shooting my PB's - more trigger time and aspects of practice with AG's does translate to firearms.