• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tomorrow is my Christmas!!

Opening day of squirrel season!!!! Like most holidays I will be taking the day of work to celebrate this year's season. rifle of choice will be my RTI Prophet compact...setup with the 177 barrel shooting 13gr slugs.
accompanying me for tomorrows hunt.. my son-in-law hunting with his FX wildcat vp 25cal.. My grandson (yes he's taking the day off school...learning things school cant/won't teach any longer) hunting with his kral empire xs 22cal. And my father-in-law hunting with his airmaks katran 22cal.
We had a nice cool rainy day today. Tomorrow morning the woods should be nice for a quiet slow walk.. can't wait. But I think I'm more excited about the grandson hunting along side his grandpa and great grandpa.. not many kids now a days get to experience it.. sadly

Opening day of squirrel season!!!! Like most holidays I will be taking the day of work to celebrate this year's season. rifle of choice will be my RTI Prophet compact...setup with the 177 barrel shooting 13gr slugs.
accompanying me for tomorrows hunt.. my son-in-law hunting with his FX wildcat vp 25cal.. My grandson (yes he's taking the day off school...learning things school cant/won't teach any longer) hunting with his kral empire xs 22cal. And my father-in-law hunting with his airmaks katran 22cal.
We had a nice cool rainy day today. Tomorrow morning the woods should be nice for a quiet slow walk.. can't wait. But I think I'm more excited about the grandson hunting along side his grandpa and great grandpa.. not many kids now a days get to experience it.. sadly
sounds like a great family outing.. enjoy every minute of it..
Mark
image.png

Families like yours keep the traditions alive, what a blessing it is to know your grand and great grandpas, let alone hunt alongside? Stories like yours, help many keep the faith. Simply priceless, thanks.

Reactions: Jasonmc
This mornings hunt was a blast.. son-in-law popped two.. father-in-law popped two.. grandson popped one.. (little guy was wound for sound. It was his first squirrel. He practiced pretty hard over his summer break.. well earned harvest...he kept the tail🤣) here's a pic of my two. Were allowed 5 per person a day in Indiana... My personal limit is two.. after i eat these, back to the woods..
The RTI slugger preformed perfect.. those little slugs slam them hard. The wind pick up over the afternoon making it a bit rough to be in the woods...we sat around and planned Saturdays hunt.
Screenshot_20230815-194241~3.png

Families like yours keep the traditions alive, what a blessing it is to know your grand and great grandpas, let alone hunt alongside? Stories like yours, help many keep the faith. Simply priceless, thanks.
It was a very big deal to me that the little guy got to hunt with great grandpa.. something I never got to do. Hopefully a memory that sticks with the lil feller as he grows older

It was a very big deal to me that the little guy got to hunt with great grandpa.. something I never got to do. Hopefully a memory that sticks with the lil feller as he grows older
It is a really big deal. The proper impressions made on a young mind last forever in that person. Rest assured that your son at some far future point will recall and remember… The men in your family have planted a seed that can only grow. Like I sincerely stated, a wonderful, uplifting story of family.

Almost another month wait for squirrel season in Pa. Like your state we have a limit each day. Ours is six, but like you I don’t need to shoot six to have a nice hunt. The population of the area I’m hunting will determine how many I shoot. That Compact in .177 sounds like a very interesting squirrel gun.
Vet that lil compact shooting those tiny slugs (13gr zan) flat blew my mind.. the results were amazing.. all head shots and the slug never left the squirrels. They took all the energy (24fpe) it had to give. Nice little squirrel hunting rig...