• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

To those planning to get a Leshiy 2

It does. In spite of all the hype (and safety issues) outside of benchrest competition, how often is is feasible to go slinging large caliber slugs at !00 or more yards? For hunting/pesting probably 85% of critters are shot up to 50yds, maybe 10% 50-75yds and 5% farther than that. It’s not safe or ethical, in most cases. A lot of people have a 25-50 yd place to shoot. If I have to go to the outdoor range to shoot, it will be with truckload of powderburners.

Here in PA we legally can not hunt small game with any air gun above .22 caliber. But varmint and predators can be hunted with .25 and up. If it was my choice I would make the limit to small game at .25 as I just like how the heavier fpe knocks squirrels out of the trees. I agree with the consensus that most small game hunting shots are within 50 yards and I get satisfaction stalking game to practical range to take an ethical shot. A short barreled , light weight gun like the Leshiy in my mind is best set up as a .22 to .25 caliber pellet gun. It has its limitations in barrel length and weight to make it a heavy slug shooting , long range gun. There just are better platforms to pick from if that is what you want. For the velocities this gun is capable of in 250mm barrel, I don’t see anything over .25 being needed. A faster and lighter .22 will have a flatter trajectory and have plenty of fpe out to 60 yards . I find it amusing to see pictures of the diminutive size Leshiy with 30 mm 6 X 25 X 50 4 pound scopes mounted on them. That is not needed again if shots are regulated to 50 - 60 yards. But to each there own. My choice will be in .22 with the 350 barrel and a short light weight scope in something like 3 X 12 . I hope it likes the Hades pellets. I don’t see a need for a larger caliber barrel as I have a Condor SS in .25 that has all the power I need for large predator and varmint hunting out to 100 yards. 

The thing I enjoy the most on my original Leshiy is the ability to swap barrels easily. In the last 6 months, I've shot mine in .177, .22, .25, and .30. several in short and long configuration In reading the Edgun Leshiy 2 thread, it looks like the new Leshiy is going to be easy to change calibers as well with just a barrel and magazine swap. Of course, initially, you need to pick one caliber and length until barrels and mags are available later, but good to know that option will be out there as soon as production catches up with demand.

I'd say if one needs 30 cal then he should grab a much more powerful air rifle, or a powder burner, than this little L2.

22 just makes the most sense for an all arounder in this size of AG. Light pellets slow for plinking and 25gr for hunting sub coyote size critters. 

If you can't kill it with a 25gr 22 cal, then a 33gr 25cal going even slower, isn't going to be substantially different. 

I think I'll wait til Ed comes out with a high cap mag kit in 17 cal because too me this airgun would be one handy and fast shooting gun. Hoping to all that is good and right that it's reliable and dependable !!! That's what you early adopters are good for finding out 😋 

I inquired about the .25 with 350 barrel. I was told that the initial run in .25 would only be available with the 250 barrel.

If that is the case, I will wait .

Look at what Brian said....It started that way but he will be able to order both 250 and 350.......Post what you're interested in here so it will help him ordering....

.22 cal with 350 barrel is what I would like to get .👍🙏😅

+ 1 on the .22 X 350

Joe 😎

Plan on starting with the .22/350........I don't like the loss of FPS and efficiency plus the extra noise at 250....My Leshiy 1 gets 250mm barrels when I need it to fit my 1450 Pelican case for road trips...

Cheers,Scott

Hello Fellows lol 😁 Great minds think a like 😅 Best wishes to you all. 👊

.25/350mm for me. I am also hoping for the largest bottle possible. But not sure what will be offered.

Mike

1585635111_3973307305e82df276aa742.23735374.JPG

Im defiantly going to wait and see the reviews before getting one. I think (and this is just my opinion) that for what you are getting its far to expensive. I mean for that price why not get an Impact? Hell, I dont even care for FX personally and love EDgun's stuff but the new Leshiy seems like it will be very limited. The Leshiy classic as its now being called, to me is like a Swiss army knife. Im sure this thing will be built well as all EDguns are but will it preform next to a Lelya or R5M, or even the classic for example? Anyone else feel the same?

Im defiantly going to wait and see the reviews before getting one. I think (and this is just my opinion) that for what you are getting its far to expensive. I mean for that price why not get an Impact? Hell, I dont even care for FX personally and love EDgun's stuff but the new Leshiy seems like it will be very limited. The Leshiy classic as its now being called, to me is like a Swiss army knife. Im sure this thing will be built well as all EDguns are but will it preform next to a Lelya or R5M, or even the classic for example? Anyone else feel the same?

There are lots of reviews on the net already

Too expensive? - nothing to compare with, there is nothing like it

I like FX's, got Monsoon, Revolution, Cyclone, Cutlas, Typhoon, Typhoon Twelve, but The impact compared to Leshiy 2? - single shot, heavier, longer, would never trust it to hold zero, a barrel embedded in one piece of Russian aircraft aluminum you can trust

In what way do you find it limited?

..and its very very sexy!

1585720427_11273787595e842c6b0e58b8.40926754.JPG