• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Time to try something new.

I’ve had my hand on one of the ELR Tract Optics scopes for a few months now and have been lucky enough to help in the making of this video. Anyone else a Tract Optics fan?

Yep, just put the 4-25x50 on the Ghost! I was super stoked when they announced this optic and it doesn't disappoint :) Thanks for making the video, it really helped in my decision

Matthias!
Hmmm, Tract Toric
do they have scopes that have
•10y parallax Look on the site. Most of the higher end are 25 yards. Depending on model, some do go down to 10 yards.
•with exposed turrets and YES
•regular holdoff reticles? YES
mike

Last edited:
Hmmm, Tract Toric
do they have scopes that have
•10y parallax
•with exposed turrets and
•regular holdoff reticles?

Then I'm interested. 👍🏼

Matthias
@JungleShooter I didn’t see one ticking all of those boxes. The Tract hunter scopes I saw focus down to 10 yards, but don’t have Christmas tree styled reticles. The long range scopes have hold of styles reticles, but focus down to 25 yards. I may have missed something that you’ll find.

@JungleShooter The Tract hunter scopes I saw focus down to 10 yards, but don’t have Christmas tree styled reticles.

Thanks for checking, I appreciate it! 👍🏼

For clarification on a "holdoff reticle":
There are lots of reticles out there that cannot be used to hold off for windage or elevation: Simple crosshairs, duplex, German reticle, BDC reticle,.....
These either don't have any subtensions (hash lines, mildots). Or the subtensions are unevenly spaced, like in a BDC that is calibrated to who knows what firearm cartridge.

A holdoff reticle would have subtensions that are evenly spaced. The grid style or "christmas tree" reticle is just a specialized form of it.

Cheers, 😊

Matthias

SCOPES. BDC Reticle vs. Holdoff Reticle.jpg

Reactions: baranjhn
@JungleShooter Then you may like the 2.5-15x44 30mm tube Tract hunter scope. It has a basic hold off reticle with subtensions on both axes. I guess they’re ok for some folks shooting from moderate medium-range distances with an airgun. Holding off for windage and elevation simultaneously with these is a bit more challenging to me.

There’s an IR version too

Can be had for around $1000 USD

Last edited: