• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Thread size?

Anyone know what the thread pitch is on these FX shroud cones? I don't have a threads gauge for the metric sizes but will soon order one. I'm pretty certain it's the same on the muzzle end.
jk
Image.jpeg

We can give you the answer you want if you can take a few pictures for us. Set it on end on a metric tape measure and take a picture so we can see how big the outside diameter is. Then take a picture from directly over the threads, perpendicular to the threads, so we can measure and give you the correct thread pitch.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I am not recognizing for which FX shroud is in the picture, but the 2019-20 MK2 shroud muzzle end cap (prior the CF barrel tuner) was M27, and the thread was conical. I never removed the action end cap from the shroud.
Another hint... use hotmelt rubber glue (for archery arrows), melts low temp - with a cigarette lighter, but the connection is really strong.

Heavy,,, as an alternative, you can countersink or counter bore the female threads to remove a thread or 2, when you need a shouldered fit.

glad you gentlemen got your metric threads figured out
I understand, just suggesting another way when you don't have much female thread to work with.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1