• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Thread lock/ No thread lock?

So just got an email from John, and my Suppressor adapter for my Trail NP XL should be here by this weekend. Excited to see if the improvements change the performance as much as I hope, but not sure if I should use blue loctite or not. The original end caps were plastic, and the new adapter is obviously milled from steel. I will need to clean the threads on the barrel thoroughly to get the bits of plastic up, and frankly to clean up poor lathe work from the Benjamin factory. I will probably remove the adapter for barrel cleaning. So my first instinct is actually to use anti-seize, but thought I would see what the collective thinks before it gets here.

On anything I'm going to take on and off, I avoid thread locker. An o-ring, crush washer, or other compliance feature should allow you to tighten the attachment without slipping while preserving convenient disassemblability... <-- word for the day...

GsT

Due to the fit of the adapter acting as a barrel tension device, o-ring or crush washer other than the one between the adapter and shroud would not work. Good idea though.

So ends up John sends the adapter with special anti-seize on the threads already, and doesn't recommend removing it before installation. So first instinct was correct. Excited to see how it works when it gets here. Will probably drop a thread with pics and improvements or lack there of once I get a chance to install it.