• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Thormolds, anyone swaging with them?

Presslug seem interesting, but the price for the press is nuts! I can see how precision die can cost $, but a relatively simply press for over 1.1K.

I wonder has anyone tried to adapt using these die an a PB reloading press. I think the dies pretty much align themselves and the press had to be very consistent on where it stops on the downstroke.

Last edited:
I have a presslug that I have been using for a while. It makes the most accurate slugs for me so far. It is awesome that you can "tune" the slug to the gun instead of the other way around.
The slugs I had received varied by .003 / .004 around the diameter. Its possible they hade a bad die or operator error. They were informed.

Well guys it came today and I'm really impressed. I got it set up and located my lead wire and my homemade wire cutter. Made a few changes to the cutter and it's working great now. I left all the adjustments set as it came and guessed at the size of the slug and it was pretty close. Not alot of excess lead came out of the bleed holes. The first pellet was a perfect hollowpoint weighing 35.7 grains on my Lyman electronic scale. It miced at .249. I did nine more and all miced .249 and all but one were 35.7gr. One ended up at 35.6. I must say I am really impressed so far. I then load 6 of them into my Brocock Concept magazine with no issues. I shot a group all touching in my garage range 30ft. Can't wait tou stretch that out to 50yds and compare. They averaded about 660fps on the high setting. Not bad for the weight on a gun set up for lighter pellets. I will get some pics soon. I must say they look as good as factory so far, no wrinkles or voids. Comes with a concave base only but I'm sure I can make some others. Got free shipping from pPyramyd air and came next day but I live about 40 miles away.

I made about 150 slugs today and only had 1 reject. I think the core may have been a little short. The weights were all the same except for 3 and 2 of them were .2 gr. heavy and 1 was .4grs heavy. All were smooth with no flaws except one.
Tried them in my othr Brocockwhich is a Bantam and it average fps was 732 for 6 shots. Point of impact moved up and to the left about 3 inchs. I normally shoot 25gr. JBS. at about 840fps. Accuracy was not that great. About 2" 5 shot groups at 30'.
I tried them in my M60B Snowpeak and it loved them. I shot 4 groups of 5 at 30' and all were touching. FPS. average was 630. They worked flawless in the mag. Regulator is set at 120 bar so more FPS could be gained with a tune for them.

I made about 150 slugs today and only had 1 reject. I think the core may have been a little short. The weights were all the same except for 3 and 2 of them were .2 gr. heavy and 1 was .4grs heavy. All were smooth with no flaws except one.
Tried them in my othr Brocockwhich is a Bantam and it average fps was 732 for 6 shots. Point of impact moved up and to the left about 3 inchs. I normally shoot 25gr. JBS. at about 840fps. Accuracy was not that great. About 2" 5 shot groups at 30'.
I tried them in my M60B Snowpeak and it loved them. I shot 4 groups of 5 at 30' and all were touching. FPS. average was 630. They worked flawless in the mag. Regulator is set at 120 bar so more FPS could be gained with a tune for them.
Any more results.

I made about 200 more and these were .22cal. They are a little on the small side for some of my rifles and the GK1 pistol. They are coming out at .2155 which is smaller than I like. I thought the dies were going to be .2173 but the ones I received were marked .2161 so they are coming out even smaller than they were advertised. Not quite sure whats going on. The dealer hasn't answered my email yet. I am going to try powder coating them an see where they end up diameter wise. Be sure if you order the .22cal. dies to call them first and ask what diameter the dies are going to be as I think there may be more than one size diameter in the .22cal. although they don't all list them. They just say .22cal. dies.

I made about 200 more and these were .22cal. They are a little on the small side for some of my rifles and the GK1 pistol. They are coming out at .2155 which is smaller than I like. I thought the dies were going to be .2173 but the ones I received were marked .2161 so they are coming out even smaller than they were advertised. Not quite sure whats going on. The dealer hasn't answered my email yet. I am going to try powder coating them an see where they end up diameter wise. Be sure if you order the .22cal. dies to call them first and ask what diameter the dies are going to be as I think there may be more than one size diameter in the .22cal. although they don't all list them. They just say .22cal. dies.
Also had that problem when I ordered test slugs. They had clearly at that time listed them as .2173, but received. 2161. Apex Airguns now have changed it to .2161 after I addressed it. Something is wrong there. .2161 is not even the mid point of what we need. Presslug did offer 3 different .22, but now, looks like just the .2161.... 🤔

I can't, I used them before I noticed the size difference. Just want others to be aware. I spent $399. for something I have to screw around with. The .25 cal. ones are good to go for me at .249. Like I said, call them first before ordering in .22cal. I looked at most of the dealers selling them and none seem real clear on it. Not sure why. I think the manufacturer or distributer should clarify it. Is there one size or 3 in .22cal. and how to order the size you want if there is.

I can't, I used them before I noticed the size difference. Just want others to be aware. I spent $399. for something I have to screw around with. The .25 cal. ones are good to go for me at .249. Like I said, call them first before ordering in .22cal. I looked at most of the dealers selling them and none seem real clear on it. Not sure why. I think the manufacturer or distributer should clarify it. Is there one size or 3 in .22cal. and how to order the size you want if there is.
That's a shame. I won't be exploring anymore of there products until they get it together. They may as well not offer the .22 if it's only available in .2161. Who shoots that. 5% out there?

I just saw on the Edgun site they show all 3 22cal. size dies and let you choose which one you want. Wish all the dealers did it that way. They also show more choices for other calibers. Wish I saw them before I ordered from the other place. Check them out. I really like the quality of the Presslug press and how it works, I think the stuff is top rate. They just need to get the dealers to be more informed. So don't write them off, just be careful.
That's a shame. I won't be exploring anymore of there products until they get it together. They may as well not offer the .22 if it's only available in .2161. Who shoots that. 5% out there?

I just saw on the Edgun site they show all 3 22cal. size dies and let you choose which one you want. Wish all the dealers did it that way. They also show more choices for other calibers. Wish I saw them before I ordered from the other place. Check them out. I really like the quality of the Presslug press and how it works, I think the stuff is top rate. They just need to get the dealers to be more informed. So don't write them off, just be careful.
And when you click on them, they are all sold out. Has been this way for sometime. I bet whoever you contact for the .22 die, only the .2161 will be available. This was my past experience.

Reactions: ba49
The one I ordered from only showed .217 and not even .2173 so I assumed that is what I would get but was sent .2161. Pyramyd Air is out of stock now but getting some in 22cal around the 13th of this month. I will call them and see what they have when they come in. Got my .249 and press from them and no problems. They were out of .22 then. I am going to call where I bought the .22 dies and tell them I want a refund or exchange, this was not my fault.

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
Thank you for your attention to ThorMolds. We are a company registered in the United States and are produced in China. I have been making and selling molds for 5 years. I will officially join the AGN Forum in a few days (approved by the forum)
When I officially join the AGN forum, I will give away press slugs and pellets molds to everyone, thank you
Photo by AirTacHunting

Photo by RusBear
IMG_20231123_132744.jpg

IMG_20240226_193745_488.jpg

IMG_20240226_193741_702.jpg

IMG_20240226_193737_679.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for your attention to ThorMolds. We are a company registered in the United States and are produced in China. I have been making and selling molds for 5 years. I will officially join the AGN Forum in a few days (approved by the forum)
When I officially join the AGN forum, I will give away press slugs and pellets molds to everyone, thank you

View attachment 444980

View attachment 444981

View attachment 444982

View attachment 444983
Will your product be sold and shipped in the US? Or will shipping be direct from China?