• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

This guy gets a pass (hypothetically what cal. )

just for making it in this place -and anything to thin the deer,hit one of those Fri.in the city, no less-Topeka ks. I knew I saw the last 1/2 of one, ripping a 2 lane couple years back on my bike.I'd get the same look,as when ya mention shooting pellet guns 100 yards .This was sent to me because my nephew knows I shoot mine less than a mile from where this was supposedly taken .I think its a beautiful pic .and in .25 I'd have to shoot him in the eye,so hopefully he wouldn't see who did it.or where I ran.

Those big kitty's KILL my beef cattle and would receive no quarter on my ranch. I lost $6000 dollars in ready to sell yearlings 4 years ago when beef prices were at their highest in history! :( Give them a chance and someones baby will disappear!

A side note: An old timer told me once upon a time that Mountain Lion is better eating than Elk. Said in Colorado in the 1800's it was the preferred meat over deer and elk!

A .357 or .457 would do nicely. Here is an AOA video of a hunt with an airgun (the Bushbuck).

Thurmond

I will be honest, I've hunted areas knowing Bobcats are active and been nervous.
But the first time I walk up one of those Arnold Schwarze-A-Kitty in a tree 
I am going to be leaving at the highest rate my feet will allow

What Cal??? At Minimum. 45 with at least one other Hunter carrying a firearm.
I don't have the real numbers but I think I read somewhere that there is an average of one death a year from cougar attacks in California.

"iride"Thurmond
The big cat can be in your back yard and you will never know it,
I just seen a show on PBS about a family of big cats living in LA, Ca.
City cats and know one knows they are there,
Pretty cool to have a Rancher into pellet guns.
Mike
I'll know it Mike. I have IR surveillance and do Cat Scans regularly (my house cat looks around and sniffs the air, fur relaxed is a clean scan. Tail puffed like a wooly worm = danger! lol 

"fuznut"No reason to fear mountain lion not a threat to any adult.
Unless you do something silly like turn and
Ok yeah after thinking it through I agree if you see one
its very likely to attack you. Lol just kidding guys.

Brother you might want to rethink that idea, while I will admit it is not as bad as I thought in California it still is a danger there has been 14 confirmed mountain lion attacks in the state of california out of that 10 where adults (over 18 years old) that was attacked Three Fatal attacks all of which was adults along with four other fatal attacks that was not considered confirmed but suspected 
Thats just in California 
https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Conservation/Mammals/Mountain-Lion/Attacks

The biggest problem is that most predators are not hunted, or their populations not maintained at a healthy levels. California for example does not allow mountain lion hunting to the best of my knowledge. Mountain lions are solitary animals by nature. In California the past few years it has become common for people to see "groups" (from 2-3 and up to 4-5) of lions traveling around and hunting together. IMO As their population continues to rise unchecked it will become more and more common place to see and hear of these type of attacks. They will encroach more and more into populated areas because there is abundant easily obtained food, primarily livestock, pets and other wild animals "protected" by the powers that be in populated and urban areas. Also as their numbers increase there are fewer and fewer "wild" areas for them to live in with adequate food resources because of their increasing population. Just my personal observations and 2 cents.

In Arizona for example you can hunt mountain lions year round for the most part. In most areas of the state you are allowed to take 1 or maybe 2 lions per year. However in the mountainous wilderness areas just outside of the Phoenix metropolitan area hunters are allowed to take anywhere from 4 and up to as many as 12 lions per year. When I inquired at the main Az fish and game office as to the reason for this difference I was told this was how they were trying to limit the number(s) of lions that have been encroaching into the Phoenix metropolitan area the past few years.
As a side bar here is a link to a you tube video by Les Johnson a predator hunter and outdoors man. He gives a fairly good and logical, in my mind, explanation of what happens when predator populations are not controlled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIL-RhOo2LU&feature=em-uploademail

In Texas I don't even need a license to kill them (on my ranch) 365 days a year. The state does want to be notified if a kill is made so they can collect data.
They are beautiful animals but when man and large predator collide someone gets seriously injured or eaten!

NEVER run from a big CAT. If you do It will be your last few steps on earth or at very least your last moments as a "complete" person! 

Thurmond

Sorry Willie could not follow your link.
Went to Wikipedia searched animal attacks scrolled to cougar.
At least 20 people were killed by cougars from 1890 to 2011 in the US.
Six in California. Went on to say fatal attacks are extremely rare and occur
less frequently than fatal snake bite, lightning strike or bee sting.
Children are particularly vulnerable the majority of listed child victims were
not with an adult.. Goes on to say most attacks occurred when cat was cornered
or a fleeing human triggered a chase instinct. If your interested and have time
check it out. I just hit a few of the high points.

"fuznut"Sorry Willie could not follow your link.
Went to Wikipedia searched animal attacks scrolled to cougar.
At least 20 people were killed by cougars from 1890 to 2011 in the US.
Six in California. Went on to say fatal attacks are extremely rare and occur
less frequently than fatal snake bite, lightning strike or bee sting.
Children are particularly vulnerable the majority of listed child victims were
not with an adult.. Goes on to say most attacks occurred when cat was cornered
or a fleeing human triggered a chase instinct. If your interested and have time
check it out. I just hit a few of the high points.

It should work now, this list comes from the actual wildlife department