They're heeeere! The JSB Hades .25, and comparison of JSB .25 products...

dennis-baker

Dealer
May 9, 2016
Ohio
Hi everybody! Here is the Baker Airguns FULL REVIEW of the new, and long awaited, JSB .25 Caliber Hades pellets! The top link is a link to the written blog, which contains a link to the FULL REVIEW VIDEO that accompanies it. The video is right in the blog if you're more of the audio/visual type, or you can use the thumbnail below. I suggest taking both of them in for the full story. As always, all comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Link to written blog/report...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IPaf9_cy1Q&t=600s

This whole video test seems like it is more of a testimonial to the Polymags, when looking at the exceptional expansion and energy they imparted to the ballistic media. The Polymags are the clear winner once again and from the results of this test I would definitely choose the Polymags over the Hades. One advantage the .25 Hades have over the .25 Polymags is that the .25 Hades will fit in lots more magazines than the Polymags do. So I think one of the other things this video demonstrates is the profound need for Polymags to come in .25 Shorts that will fit in every magazine, just like they eventually came out with the .22 Shorts. 

Nice one! I have almost gone through my first tin of the Hades with my Bobcat .25 and can say that your video is spot on.

I typically shoot the 25.39 Kings and the extra .15 grains requires a slight holdover. Also, I am getting more flyers with the Hades than with the Kings. However, this is an early assessment so time will tell.

I have made no tuning adjustments as I just want to point and shoot.

Nice one! I have almost gone through my first tin of the Hades with my Bobcat .25 and can say that your video is spot on.

I typically shoot the 25.39 Kings and the extra .15 grains requires a slight holdover. Also, I am getting more flyers with the Hades than with the Kings. However, this is an early assessment so time will tell.

Same here, almost identical to the 25.39 despite the advertised drastic difference in b.c. 

This whole video test seems like it is more of a testimonial to the Polymags, when looking at the exceptional expansion and energy they imparted to the ballistic media. The Polymags are the clear winner once again and from the results of this test I would definitely choose the Polymags over the Hades. One advantage the .25 Hades have over the .25 Polymags is that the .25 Hades will fit in lots more magazines than the Polymags do. So I think one of the other things this video demonstrates is the profound need for Polymags to come in .25 Shorts that will fit in every magazine, just like they eventually came out with the .22 Shorts.

Hi Chuck,

The Polymag is a GREAT pellet, but so is the Hades. They're just different. If the contest was purely comparing expansion and energy transfer of the expanding pellets, the Polymag definitely wins. If the contest was purely comparing penetration of expanding pellets, the Hades wins. It just depends on your needs. 

-Donnie

Thank you!

Though I did not cherry pick pellets for the review, I very much sort "cherry pick" pellets that I use in real life.

The process significantly reduces flyers.

I highly recommend trying it!

-Donnie

I like Polymags A LOT....But, in .22 the Hades are just that much more accurate than the Polymags in all of my guns. Can’t speak for the.25s, but accuracy is paramount, expansion is a bonus. 

I like Polymags A LOT....But, in .22 the Hades are just that much more accurate than the Polymags in all of my guns. Can’t speak for the.25s, but accuracy is paramount, expansion is a bonus.

That's really the important thing.

The accuracy of the pellet/gun combination.

-Donnie

In all my guns so far, Polymags have outperformed JSB Hades for accuracy. So have H&N Terminators. Bother also expand better than Hades.