• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The worst shot you every took

Never hunt from inside your house, I saw this squirrel 🐿️ eating bird seed on the ground and I was shooting off my pool table and out the door and between the porch rails and I don’t see the door knob
IMG_3736.jpeg

IMG_3742.jpeg

In my teens in the 80's, lined up with my pump air rifle on a black bird setting on a rail road tie fence post. Took the shot, bird flies off and in the background I see the rear window of my dad's 1954 Bel Air go to near white. Never seen a windshield in so many little pieces and that is something dad is going to notice in less than a second. The worst shot and that feeling of oh .... then, having to tell dad. Sick and scared feeling mix that one never forgets.

Reactions: ChickenDumpling
Adding to the stories of being inside and shooting outside...

Was shooting at a target and thought I'd extend my range to try to hit the same target farther away by going inside leaving the door open. Think it was maybe 80 yards. Well... line of sight and line of muzzle aren't always gonna line up especially if I'm trying to focus on holdover markings not the muzzle!

I shot and the cinder block pieces exploded and flung across the room.

Luckily nothing else happened. Wife doesn't know :p

20230619_171616.jpg

I wasn't inside shooting out, but I was using the corner of the house to stabilize myself. Put my eye to the scope, found my target and promptly put a pellet into the corner of the chimney 8" in front of me. Target never moved, so I did it again. And took a small chunk of brick off the corner.
Still haven't figured out how that chimney jumped in the way so fast. :unsure: