• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A The Springer Workbench.

crowski

Dec 14, 2020
On, Canada
A package delivered yesterday I opened this morning. Busy yesterday taking down Christmas decor. More tools, yay. Got punches for split pins and a set of Wera micro drivers.
IMG_7602.jpeg
I‘m getting ready to install some more spring sets I‘ve accumulated over the last year, 15 sets. I have three different manufacturers for comparison. Also have approx. 10 sets with identical cylinders and caliber for fair comparison.
IMG_7600.jpeg
I have 4 sets of Vortek en route as well, when they arrive, I will probably start shortly after. I have piston seals for all and will all be replaced. Have a few different lubes to try as well.
A few months ago I bought a screwdriver bit set by Chapman. Had the Wheeler set. The Chapman set easily wins, for quality, IMO.
IMG_7606.jpeg
I use the pine V-block to hold the cylinder when removing pins. I will make another, but shorter with same dimensions so I can straddle the cylinder. Works fantastic. The 2 maple pieces by v-block, I use instead of a wrench to open the cylinder on a few Weihrauch’s.
The Master Vice is exactly that, second to none, very versatile, rigid and safe. Looking forward to the fixes. Winter has its advantages. This is my favorite part of airguns.
Always open for suggestions. Crow … Happy New Year

Looks very nice Crow, kinda puts my bench to shame. When we lived in the bush I had a 4 bay lockable shed with a bench along the whole length. We it got too hot I’d move what I needed to the tray of my Ute so I could access the breeze.
Now I don’t have a bench at all so if something needs fixing I move one of our cars out of the double garage and sit on the concrete floor. I lay out what’s required around where I will sit.
Might not be everyone’s cup of tea but it works for me.👍
Gary

Reactions: crowski
Well stocked and equipped for some great improvements. Looks to be a productive winter! The Real Avid Master Vise is on the wish list for sure. We have them at work. They are awesome.
Thanks, I’ve only used the vice a few times, flawless. Crow
Looks like your gonna be real busy. I remember you were installing a lot of kits last winter. Those tools look really nice.
Thanks and you have a good memory. I a tool hound. Crow
Looks very nice Crow, kinda puts my bench to shame. When we lived in the bush I had a 4 bay lockable shed with a bench along the whole length. We it got too hot I’d move what I needed to the tray of my Ute so I could access the breeze.
Now I don’t have a bench at all so if something needs fixing I move one of our cars out of the double garage and sit on the concrete floor. I lay out what’s required around where I will sit.
Might not be everyone’s cup of tea but it works for me.👍
Gary
Thanks Gary. You gotta do what you gotta do.
I know you get hot weather. Is is hotter than normal? Crow
It's hard to believe I get anything done with this messo_O.

View attachment 419796
Looks like my wood shop. Crow
Nice tools. If my math is correct, you are lacking 367 spring kits for the others! Lol
Thanks. Took a few minutes to clic in. Crow
You should also take a look at Lewis's set-up. Impressive;Most impressive. Obi-wan has taught him well.😁
I would like that. Lewis
Well stocked and equipped for some great improvements. Looks to be a productive winter! The Real Avid Master Vise is on the wish list for sure. We have them at work. They are awesome.
Pic? Crow

Reactions: Str8tshooter
It's hard to believe I get anything done with this messo_O.

View attachment 419796
A package delivered yesterday I opened this morning. Busy yesterday taking down Christmas decor. More tools, yay. Got punches for split pins and a set of Wera micro drivers. View attachment 419658I‘m getting ready to install some more spring sets I‘ve accumulated over the last year, 15 sets. I have three different manufacturers for comparison. Also have approx. 10 sets with identical cylinders and caliber for fair comparison. View attachment 419661I have 4 sets of Vortek en route as well, when they arrive, I will probably start shortly after. I have piston seals for all and will all be replaced. Have a few different lubes to try as well.
A few months ago I bought a screwdriver bit set by Chapman. Had the Wheeler set. The Chapman set easily wins, for quality, IMO. View attachment 419662I use the pine V-block to hold the cylinder when removing pins. I will make another, but shorter with same dimensions so I can straddle the cylinder. Works fantastic. The 2 maple pieces by v-block, I use instead of a wrench to open the cylinder on a few Weihrauch’s.
The Master Vice is exactly that, second to none, very versatile, rigid and safe. Looking forward to the fixes. Winter has its advantages. This is my favorite part of airguns.
Always open for suggestions. Crow … Happy New Year
You have your work cut out for ya. Nice bench set up and tools.

Reactions: crowski
You have your work cut out for ya. Nice bench set up and tools.
Thanks. One thing I’m not short on is work. Crow
Crow its 2.30 pm and it’s 39 degrees, so yes is a bit warm. Not too bad but too hot in the boat. We have been having thunder storms all week and it looks like they will continue for several days yet.
I was just wondering if it is warmer than usual.
‘Today I fixed my 47 yd. stand, taken out by a slide. Never did I ever dig with a spade shovel at the end of Dec. like I did today. I can’t remember I never had a rink by Christmas. You can water ski now. I pulled weeds that were growing. All a first for me. Crow
the best tools , worth their weight in gold ,makes the job at least 10 x easier .
Stan, I couldn’t say it better. Crow

No it’s about normal for this time of year. I could be wrong, but I have a theory on climate change, I reckon that the planet has tilted because of all the lead you guys are shooting over there.😂😂😂
Gary
Thanks, Gary, your a piece of work. Happy New Year. Crow
Very nice Crow! I dream of the day I can have a room dedicated to my airguns. It would be so nice to be able to keep all the tools and such set up and ready. A guy can dream right.
Bin there, done that.
Sad thing is I had to get rid of a Bob Timberlake solid cherry bedroom set to empty the room. It was worth it. Crow
Very nice Crow! I dream of the day I can have a room dedicated to my airguns. It would be so nice to be able to keep all the tools and such set up and ready. A guy can dream right.
Thanks. It was my dream and was I shocked, when. It was a nice bedroom, which might of got used 5 nights a year. As soon as the queen OK it, I moved like a 18 yr old leaving work, to empty room and refill with my goods. Dreams become realities. Crow