• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The S510 just landed. This gun is un. believable. (OK, honeymooning a bit)

In short, it feels like what I would expect a tuned Marauder with a custom stock to. I found a green poplar super-lite in .22. Came with a Mueller 8-32x44 scope, rings, Hill pump, and tin of JSB 15.89s.

Unlike my TX200, this one is shooting wonderfully, right out of the box. It seems to be quite forgiving, though I've only had a chance to shoot it at 14 yards in my basement. It seems easier to shoot one hole groups than my Hammerli 850 or Compatto, both of which also have Walther barrels.

Checkering is sharp. It's my first side lever cocker. I like it, although it doesn't have as much charm as a bolt. Coulda saved a couple hundred bucks there and gotten an S410... It came with a real piece of crap male foster on the fill probe though. I had to rob the one from my Compatto's fill probe to fill it. Pumping from empty took 4 breaks, but pumping from about 2200 psi to 200 bar was no sweat.

I love the power wheel. I don't think I'm going to regulate it. The 850 is regulated.

I just ordered a few more magazines and some light pellets for it to shoot on low-med power. (Meisterkugeln and Beeman Silver Bear) I might have to single-load them, since they've got sharp shoulders.

The scope is a target dot one, and I'm not one who likes to be fiddling with it all the time, so I think I'm going to sell it and get a mil dot equivalent. It's nice clear glass.

I wouldn't use anything but domes or hp domes due to the breech oring. I like mine a lot better since replacing the two tone shiny stock with walnut colored poplar. The magazines are great, simple simon.

you done good.

dont know about mueller tho

let me kno if you want the shiny two tone stock and/or Neil clauge 6 incher. I plan to post them when there's time

"Deja"oh gawd your pumping a s500.... (beach season 2017 inc)

well gl with the rifle hope it works out well !
It's not bad at all; half as difficult as the HPA'd Hammerli 850. (gotta pump that one with 1/4 L(?) tank from 1100 up to 3000 psi. That one makes me feel like a stud horse, and also makes me less excited about regulated guns than everyone else is, hehehe.

Here are some pix of my S510 rig. Nothing fancy, just iPhone pix. 

Overall:

Action, left side:

Action, right side. Looks kind of cobbled-together, doesn't it?

Not sure how I feel about this honey-colored butt cap on the olive drab wood:

Glossy air tube under a matte shroud? Questionable design call. Matte everywhere would make more sense on a 'hunter' version.

The action works well. Once in awhile, it won't feed a pellet. I'm not sure if that is because of the pellet being damaged or some design in the mag. But I have to remove the mag, reinsert it, and try again, and that clears it.

The shroud's not as quiet as I thought it would be. It's not Marauder-quiet, and not Compatto+Huggett-quiet either. It's even a bit louder than my HPA Hammerli 850, which has the Hammerli air stripper, with shrink wrap on it. (works amazingly well...) It's not objectionable, but it has a high-pitched crack to it on medium and high power settings.

"dr_beretta"Mine loves a lot of different pellets but recently just switched to H&N Terminator HP pellets. They're 16 grains and are shooting 1/2 inch groups at 35 yards. This is a hunting pellet and does a number on vermin.
I'm gonna try those, if I can ever catch them in stock. Looks like they would expand like crazy, but be about as draggy as a wadcutter.