The NEW Daystate Alpha Wolf Safari Edition!

Now that I have over 1000 pellets through it, and the rifle is breaking in a bit more, I switched back to the Daystate tune for MRD's.
Rather impressive. Again, I'm not encountering the speed drop anymore.
Ran a string over the LabRadar and with the Daystate tune for MRD and the Reg at 135, I got an average velocity of 955 fps. An extreme spread of only 5.09fps. And a standard deviation of only 1.38 fps! Extremely accurate. I humbly nod and admit their tune is indeed, better than mine.

Shot IDV0
1​
954​
2​
955​
3​
955​
4​
954​
5​
953​
6​
954​
7​
954​
8​
955​
9​
958​
10​
954​

Last edited:
What was the fps. tune in the rifle? Mine would only go to 930fps. on the factory programing. Can the Alpha Safari go higher in factory mode? Or were you shooting advanced 2225 ?
That was advanced 2225 and my reg set at 135. Keep in mind that the chrono on the AW only says 930's but the labradar says otherwise. Labradar says it's averaging 955fps. I trust the LabRadar. I think the built in Chrono is off and needs calibrating. I've also got an FX and a pro-chrono. Over the weekend I plan on comparing all.
I've also noticed that the bottle pressure gauge is NOT accurate at all. Ridiculous to spend this kind of money for this level of rifle and get a dinky airsoft quality pressure gauge. I will be updating that very soon.

What was the fps. tune in the rifle? Mine would only go to 930fps. on the factory programing. Can the Alpha Safari go higher in factory mode? Or were you shooting advanced 2225 ?
I believe, from DS UK, that the Safari factory mode, max MV for 25.4 grains is 1,045 FPS.

On the AW it's 930 FPS with no max MV table update possible.

Reactions: Richieg
That was advanced 2225 and my reg set at 135. Keep in mind that the chrono on the AW only says 930's but the labradar says otherwise. Labradar says it's averaging 955fps. I trust the LabRadar. I think the built in Chrono is of
I was able to do the same velocities with my Alpha in factory mode of 930 ALSO by upping the reg. pressure. I was hoping the valve and new programing would give factory modes above 930fps.
I've also noticed that the bottle pressure gauge is NOT accurate at all. Ridiculous to spend this kind of money for this level of rifle and get a dinky airsoft quality pressure gauge. I will be updating that very soon.
I tried to update my pressure gauge and I bought a FX gauge and the threads aren't long enough to seal against the action. It came with 2 orings, a thick and a thin and neither would seal.

So by having the new valve and programming in my Alpha, it will have the 1045fps. capability?
I can't answer that, but my question would be what pellet has stability at that velocity? I've never shot MRD's until I got this safari and they seem to like speeds over 900fps for sure. Will a MRD stabilize at 1000+ fps? Are you talking slugs? Everything I've read says the AW in .22 is unfortunately not a slug gun. I've tried 23 grain NSA's, and Javelins. In both .217 and .218 and it was horrible.
Even if my AW is 'capable' of 1045fps, I'm not sure I want to push my voltage and reg up to the numbers that would get you there. There is a advanced setting called "warp" that supposedly maxes out everything, but I'm not going there.
Kind of like my Impacts, yeah, I can push a 40 grain slug over 1000fps, but it feels, sounds, and shoots better tamed down to shoot 31.2 grain at lower reg and hammer settings.

As far as replacing the gauge, I wonder what the length of the threads on huma gauges are compared to the factory gauge. It would have to be a 23mm gauge to fit the AW stock and the o-ring size that Daystate says is behind the gauge is 3.5 x 2.62 N70. I can't find that exact size o-ring anywhere but I did find a 3.63x2.62 N70 that I'm betting would work.
https://www.oringsandmore.com/metric-buna-o-rings-3-63-x-2-62mm-minimum-50-pcs/

I ordered a 23mm huma gauge this morning. I'll let you know if it works.

I ordered a 23mm huma gauge this morning. I'll let you know if it works.
Just called Utah about my Huma made FX gauge that won't work. He said the Huma branded gauges are identical to the FX branded gauges. The Huma gauge wasn't long enough to seal against the o ring against the action. I mentioned this to the salesman at Utah. His remedy was to use a few rounds of Teflon tape and see if that works...it wont unless the threads on the Huma gauge are tappered, but they are not.

Reactions: GA_LeadHead
From another member on the forum, he says the MRD's in his Alpha like 975-980 and are accurate at that velocity. I have a brand new FX gauge I would sell that wouldn't work in mine.
That's awesome. And 54lbs of Ke out of a 22 pellet! That is thumpin'. So far, at 955fps, mine is stacking them, so I'll stick with that.

Reactions: Richieg
can you post your results for slug? I am having trouble with 32 grn slugs. my m3 shoots them at 990 laser beam but the alpha wolf shoots them about 5 inches apart.
I'm assuming you are referring to a .22. Unfortunately, from what I've read and have tried ( I've only tried 23gr slugs ), the Alpha Wolf in .22 is just not a slug gun. Some people have gotten Knockouts to somewhat group out to 50 yards but then they open up again.
I've been shooting my Alpha non-stop. Stick with heavier pellets and you will be MUCH happier. It's the best Pellet shooter I own now. I'm shooting monster redesigns like a laser beam with an extreme spread less than 2 fps. Hitting like a hammer! If the wind will ever tame down on a weekend I want to see how they are grouping at 100 yds. So far, I'm stacking them at 50yds and hitting other targets at 78 yds (furthest distance in my backyard) as easy as video game. Gun is ridiculous.
It does seem that guys with Delta/Alpha wolves are getting the .25 and .30 barrels to shoot some slugs. Maybe someone that has one in those calibers will chime in here.

what pressure should I use for18.13 grn jsb on alpha wolf safari? I like to shoot around 925fps. thank you
what is your goal ? power or accuracy because most diablos do best between 840 fps to 890 fps. not all but most. higher reg pressure does not necessarily amount to more power or speed and the dwell time comes into play.

Last edited: