The best scope rings made?

I wouldn't be relying on the "more expensive rings = better fit" theory for the simple reason that a good fit relies on the scope as well as the rings. 

When you have two components made by different manufacturers that are meant to fit, there is always a chance that it won't be perfect. There is also the fact that metal expands and contracts as the temp changes and different alloys can and will do that at different rates. 

The design of scope rings and rails allows for this. You can make marks on scopes by over torquing with any rings. 

It's one of those areas where I like to pay attention to scope manufacturers specs because they aren't all the same. 

I don't have marks on any of my scopes.

i would be nice to assume that more money means someone is taking better care on each unit but.... the only air gun I have ever seen anyone complaining about the rail tolerances on is the FX Impact which I wouldn't consider to be a cheap product. 

Btw, I am not suggesting that all rings are the same or anything like that. I just don't believe that Paying $60 or $80 instead of $20 - $40 gets you much more than a nicer logo in a lot of cases (for PCP rifle use). 

Perhaps I just got lucky with my rings or perhaps I am more careful about not over torquing screws than some people. 

One thing I would say is that I did have issues once with some $10 eBay rings from a Chinese vendor and a brand I had never heard of. I sent those back though.

Just a follow-up post. I ended up purchasing Seekins Precision Rings. I'm very pleased with them, and wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

Why I chose them:

In order to determine the proper scope height for my bullpup, I used two balls of modeling clay to simulate the rings for the scope. I placed the balls onto the picatinny rail at the approximate location of where the scope rings would reside. Next, I "smashed" the scope into the balls of modeling clay until I could see properly through the scope with a good cheek-weld.

Modeling clay holds its shape well, and is easily removed from the scope/picatinny rail. Using calipers, I measured the thickness of the clay, and from that, determined the height of scope ring I needed.

After searching the specs of all the rings suggested in this thread, Seekins was the closest match in terms of height. They may not have been my first choice, but they were the best choice for me.