• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The Alabama "Imp"

I was watching Vermin Hunters on YouTube, and they were reviewing a couple of HW50's built by Sandwell Field Sports in the UK.

I contacted Sandwell about buying one and was told they don't sell to the US.

I wanted to try to get a similar gun built and contacted John in PA.

For the build I needed a great tune and the barrel threaded for a silencer.

He tunes all my guns so I knew he had that part covered.

He found a machinist to thread the barrel, so I ordered a HW50 from Krale and a DonnyFL Tanto and had them shipped to John.

He installed a Vortek PG3 kit and did all his usual magic. The gun turned out great and I am well pleased.

Standing in front of the gun, all you hear is a puff.

Gun is shooting 8.44's at 770fps.

wicHZGU.jpg
[/url][/img]

I just posted about getting John to do some of mine over. I want my Walther LGV at higher power, and all the others gone over. 

Let me ask you this. My Walther is threaded and with a LDC its shot cycle is completely different and smoother. I’m thinking back pressure. Do you think the new PG3 or suppressor made a bigger difference in the shot cycle noise?

I just posted about getting John to do some of mine over. I want my Walther LGV at higher power, and all the others gone over. 

Let me ask you this. My Walther is threaded and with a LDC its shot cycle is completely different and smoother. I’m thinking back pressure. Do you think the new PG3 or suppressor made a bigger difference in the shot cycle noise?

The PG3 kit makes the biggest difference in the shot cycle. The suppressor makes it quiet.