• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Thank you Tony at TalonTunes for your Knowledge and Service!

After ruling out a suppressed firearm for my pest problem I started diving into the research for my first airgun purchase. After 2 weeks I was more confused than when I started, but after a month I had narrowed my search down to a couple nice PCP’s. Realizing that by the time I got a scope, bi-pod, sound moderation, and pellets that this would be a substantial purchase, I decided to send an email to Tony at TalonTunes. In the email, I expressed my precise purpose, distance and need for discretion among my neighbors. The response that I got included Tony’s cell phone number so that he could talk while shooting and tuning airguns in his shop. Tony was immediately concerned that the rifles I had chosen were better suited for other purposes and suggested an RTI Prophet 2 in .25 caliber. I think it is important to note that the price range of the Prophet was very close to one of the other rifles I had suggested. The extra power and accuracy that I got in return was worth every penny.
Tony and I went over the precise performance attributes that I needed and within 10 minutes I had a quote for a finished airgun. I did a little research on the parts that Tony suggested to find that they were all excellent quality for a mid-range price. One more call to discuss if each part could be downgraded in price without hurting performance or slightly upgraded in price with larger benefits. Again, 10 minutes later a new quote for my perfect airgun.
The rifle took longer to ship (5 days) than it did for Tony to build it, tune it, and sight it in. Knowing that the owner of the company had so much hands on time into my gun certainly made me feel warm and fuzzy.
I expressed to Tony that I did not want to get the rifle and find out that I needed adapters or special tools and that I would like to start eliminating my pests as soon as possible. Again, Tony listened to my specific needs about living in a rural area and not wanting to go make a long drive to town and helped me find both a rifle and refill tank/valve that can maintain pressure for extended periods safely. It took me all of 2 minutes to figure out how to connect and fill with the simple setup and instructions that Tony gave me.
THE FUN STUFF. As a competent firearms shooter, I was very leery of how accurate a scope could be after being removed from a gun and remounted while left in the rings for shipping. My first real shot was about 30yds in a prone supported position. Success! Highly effective I might add. Immediately afterward a second target presented itself about 60 yds out, from a kneeling supported position I thought would be a true test. Got him too! TO SAY THAT I’M IMPRESSED IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT! I thought at very least a couple clicks would be necessary. At 57 db my skittish dog doesn’t even notice it and with Tony’s tuning at 72 fpe I can eliminate any prairie dog within 100yds and probably the errant coyote that makes his way under my fence as well. How accurate/effective is it? I’ll let you know when I miss HAHA!
THANKS TONY!

PS - If you don't know about the TalonTunes bi-pod.. you should! That thing is super light, super adjustable on the fly, carbon fiber tough and bad ass. I will be buying these for a few of my non-airguns as well. I could write a whole review on just the bi-pod.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Last edited: