• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Texan SS .308: Finally the gun I always wanted!

WOW! Love that info. I've been modifying another Texan in .357. I'll soon post info on it. These larger bottles are working great for the Texans! I got a 2 liter that I may eventually used LoL!
Holy man! 2 liter you will need 3" high rings to get your eye down hahaha. That would be cool. 1 liter did make my gun a bit heavier but I guess that's why we need to stay in shape. Hey ... these air guns are fun as much as needed. My plan may be the moav kit, maybe. Looking forward to seeing your new project. I'm going hunting for 3 days tomorrow before Georgia season ends. I'm going to let lead fly and have fun. Later

Hello again davidsng, I recently did some more modifications on my AF Texan Carbine .457 cal. I reverted back to a smaller tank from the 1.1 liter to a .58 liter and put a Mad Dog stock on it. I also used the bottle band (butt pad band) to help secure the bottle to the stock. All this eliminated flex in my Texan and allows me to hold the gun tight against my shoulder and hard on a rest if bench shooting etc. While the gun shot well before the mods it really wasn't good enough for me with 4" groups on average at 50 yds with 250 gn dish base Griffin slugs. Some days were better according to how I held it, aka loosely etc. I could never fill past 3100 psi as my shot placements were all over up to 8" occasionally if filled higher. 3000 was the sweet starting spot down.
Since I added the stock with the band in the rear, I have some pics of 1" - 3 shot groups at 50 yds with 250 gn dish based Griffin slugs and filled up to 3500 psi putting most in the bullseye. The difference is incredible and a airgunners life change. I just thought you should know how to make any Texan so much more accurate on average shooters. It is so solid unless your crosshairs are all over the target your going to hit within 1-2 inches of aim.

5.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg