• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Texan After-Market Bottle?

Questions:

1. Has any one put an after market bottle such as this one on a Texan?

1548894858_19705798935c52428a545ba3.82179688_Screenshot_20190128-175301_eBay.jpg

2. What is the threads on an original Texan's bottle? I think they are 1/2 UNF, but am not sure.

I believe with this power an unregulated gun is better, if the shot curve can be flatened. I just think a bottle that is almost twice as large would yield a much more usable shot curve. I'm thinking in .257 or .308 Texan should five or more shots with a 20fps spread. Is it possible? Maybe I'm wrong?

Any input would be very much appreciated! I would like to know more before spend too much $ on a stupid idea. Thanks!

Questions:

1. Has any one put an after market bottle such as this one on a Texan?

1548894858_19705798935c52428a545ba3.82179688_Screenshot_20190128-175301_eBay.jpg

2. What is the threads on an original Texan's bottle? I think they are 1/2 UNF, but am not sure.

I believe with this power an unregulated gun is better, if the shot curve can be flatened. I just think a bottle that is almost twice as large would yield a much more usable shot curve. I'm thinking in .257 or .308 Texan should five or more shots with a 20fps spread. Is it possible? Maybe I'm wrong?

Any input would be very much appreciated! I would like to know more before spend too much $ on a stupid idea. Thanks!

The Texan bottle should be M18x1.5 just like the other AirForce bottles. That paintball bottle is likely NOT M18x1.5 but likely 5/8"-18UNF

I'm new to airguns but it seems as though I've seen lots of videos of big bore AG shooters leaving there fill bottle hooked up to their gun while they shoot. Makes sense to me that if you have a large (66 cu ft or more) 3000 psi tank, leaving it connected with the valve open would make it act as an expansion tank. (This is a total assumption on my part as to what I observed in some videos) Could this idea work for you? Of course you'd have to have a larger fill bottle.

I'm new to airguns but it seems as though I've seen lots of videos of big bore AG shooters leaving there fill bottle hooked up to their gun while they shoot. Makes sense to me that if you have a large (66 cu ft or more) 3000 psi tank, leaving it connected with the valve open would make it act as an expansion tank. (This is a total assumption on my part as to what I observed in some videos) Could this idea work for you? Of course you'd have to have a larger fill bottle.

For target shooting "tethering" is the perfect solution, for hunting not so much. Most guys who hunt with big bores will tether to get their gun tuned and sighted in. Their larger bottle will likely have an adjustable regulator to set the output at 3K. (IF not they open valve and fill to 3K then close valve but not bleed. Fire a shot and then repeat to keep the gun fillled.) Then use only the gun bottle while in the field. With the supplied bottle most big bores will get you 2 "hunting" shots and a 3rd slower "follow up" shot. For deer or bear hunting this is mostly fine. If however you are hunting feral pigs, coyote or fox (where you can encounter multiple targets) the larger bottle sizing could add 2 or 3 "hunting" shots.

David - thanks, glad to be of help