• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tejas Noob Looking for Retailer Advice

I live in the SW corner of the Hill Country. It's 25 miles to the nearest broke down little town and 150 to San Antonio.

So in my quest to obtain a Wildcat ( present obsession ) I'm thinking AOA. I've talked to a couple guys briefly over there and watched a bunch of their videos. Very impressed.

But I would like to visit a couple retailers of air guns and probably should before I commit myself to such a large expenditure. Wild horses required however. I'm willing to travel a few hours in my quest. Only a few though. I'm O L D.

Suggestions would be much appreciated.

( I have put in my requested intro in the intro thread. )

Good luck friend, there really are not TOO many walk in airgun retailers in all of the U.S..
Saw "airgunsoftexas" on the web, no idea what they are you can google it though.

"My" best advise is:

GET TO a Field Target Match!

TX has many field target shoot which you can find on aafta . net , now it's not at all likely ( but could happen ) that any one at a match will be using an FX there is a good chance someone there WOUL own one, so with just a bit of friendly communication you can likely get your hands on some FX model.

And, "if" you find a store front stocking high end airguns ( naturally Walmart had gamo & crosman) PLEASE post it for us al.

John

Buying used face to face from a professional ( sure sure, it's all just for fun ) can svae you a lot and give you tons of knowledge. Same for just shooting with others and trying what they have. TX has a good number of airgun shooting venues ( and tuners and dealers do shoot there )

http://www.aafta.org/html/organization/organization_aafta_clubs_sw.html

​and the members map , which is a bit tucked away these days:
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1575620#

tried marking TX there but you may have to zoom out & over & down to TX?

It would be well worth a drive.

Naturally if buying new either the Importer/dealer or your preferred dealer ( who carries what you want) is the only way and a warranty can be nice on new airguns.

But do go meet some "local" to you airgun shooters, always fun shooting with others.

John

Nueces, perhaps I can help. I live in Kyle and happen to own a Wildcat, 2 500s, a Verminator and the Impact. I also live on some property so I have plenty of room to shoot. If you want to stop by some time I will let you test these to see which one you like best. Two others have purchased the Wildcat after shooting mine. Let me know if you are interested. 

"Longbrownbox"Nueces, perhaps I can help. I live in Kyle and happen to own a Wildcat, 2 500s, a Verminator and the Impact. I also live on some property so I have plenty of room to shoot. If you want to stop by some time I will let you test these to see which one you like best. Two others have purchased the Wildcat after shooting mine. Let me know if you are interested.
Well dang, that's awful nice of you. Kyle's out around Buda isn't it? That's a fur piece for me. Hate to travel. But thank you very much anyway. Now if you would like an Axis meat deer for your freezer and happened to bring a couple air guns along for the ride that could happen. %^)

They got any decent air guns over at Cabellas?

Yep! San Marcos, Kyle then Buda. None at Cabala's-Gamo. But I wouldn't buy that one. What caliber are you looking for. I have the total range but my go to is the 500 in .25cal. The pcp's aren't cheap but they are really nice. Do the Axis come to a feeder? I can certainly make that happen. Aren't you just a couple of hours from me?
Sent from my iPad Chuck M
On Apr 25, 2016, at 11:01 PM, Airgun Nation <[email protected]> wrote:

Nueces wrote:
"Longbrownbox"Nueces, perhaps I can help. I live in Kyle and happen to own a Wildcat, 2 500s, a Verminator and the Impact. I also live on some property so I have plenty of room to shoot. If you want to stop by some time I will let you test these to see which one you like best. Two others have purchased the Wildcat after shooting mine. Let me know if you are interested.

Well dang, that's awful nice of you. Kyle's out around Buda isn't it? That's a fur piece for me. Hate to travel. But thank you very much anyway. Now if you would like an Axis meat deer for your freezer and happened to bring a couple air guns along for the ride that could happen. %^)

They got any decent air guns over at Cabellas?

Post Link: http://airgunnation.dev/topic/tejas-noob-looking-for-retailer-advice/#post-86696

-----------

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to a forum topic.
Login and visit the topic to unsubscribe from these emails. feeder? 

Real story, Walked into a gun shop in Odessa Texas, Looked around and ask you deal with any PCP guns? The
guy says What? I said high power air guns , He says try Wal-Mart they sell all kinds off bb guns there. I said no I am talking high end air guns
1,500 dollars and more, He said oh you mean nail guns and stuff, Try a lumber shop..
I did look at a few of the new glock pistols , But just gave up and walked out,,,,,
Would you call that stupid , Or just lack of knowledge ?
Mike 

Don't you just hate those situations. Last year I went to Colorado. When I arrived at the RV park where I usually stay, the owner said, "Did you bring your Airgun with you?" You know I did and told him. He said good, I have a colony of prairie dogs that moved in and I want you to shoot some. I told him I could help him with that problem. He mentioned that the people in lot 4 had already been shooting them. I stopped by lot 4 and mentioned I would like to shoot some with them. They asked what I was shooting & when I told them Airguns the guy just turned his back to me and I was dismissed. So I walked on to my RV, got my FX 500, drove to his pasture and shot 5 in about 30 minutes. I wanted to drop them off at lot 4 but I didn't! 

Oh you should have! I would have, that's for sure.

I made a shot yesterday, with the owner of the property looking on. It really wasn't a difficult shot, as there was no wind at all. It was 65 yards according to my range finder, and the pellet hit the pigeon dead center. And he though pellets guns were about as effective as BB guns. Sometimes, you just have to prove a point!