• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ted Holdover question......

"ztirffritz"For the record I don't think Ted has responded to a single post like this since the forum started. I could be wrong though. Give him some time to do the thing he loves (shooting airguns), being a dad/husband, and spearfishing. Making the videos probably feels like a chore by now. 

You would think he would see all the requests as a compliment. That's what it looks like to me. I don't even check for vids anymore, go elsewhere. There are plenty of guys out there with channels loaded with great content. Most lack Teds humor but I guess he gets enough ad income off this site so no need to make vids. Just feel a little let down as I supported his channel and sent it to all my friends. Several got into high end air gunning and supported his channel then zip other than a thinly disguised ad for FX.

"Dan25"
"ztirffritz"For the record I don't think Ted has responded to a single post like this since the forum started. I could be wrong though. Give him some time to do the thing he loves (shooting airguns), being a dad/husband, and spearfishing. Making the videos probably feels like a chore by now. 

You would think he would see all the requests as a compliment. That's what it looks like to me. I don't even check for vids anymore, go elsewhere. There are plenty of guys out there with channels loaded with great content. Most lack Teds humor but I guess he gets enough ad income off this site so no need to make vids. Just feel a little let down as I supported his channel and sent it to all my friends. Several got into high end air gunning and supported his channel then zip other than a thinly disguised ad for FX.
You gotta understand he was burnt out by the time this forum came to fruition. He still comes in and checks up on us and makes sure pertinent questions get answered. 

He said it himself he was going to take some "him" time. I don't blame him. Everything will come in due time. By supporting his channel you (and everyone else) made it so we can all hang out here and talk shop, so kudos to you and everyone else who supported him. Continue that support and great things will come. 

You should see some of the gun-giveaways he's done already, not to mention the other stuff! 

Reactions: NMshooter
I actually hope to make at least 10. 2015 was definitely a "down year" for me. The creation of this forum was taxing in many ways. Video production definitely suffered as a result. But, now the reigns are firmly in Michael's hands, and I'm glad to get back to shooting (and shooting). I admit that I've become more and more critical of my own work. So, these days I spend waaaaaay more time on research and editing than I did when I started. I am currently working on two videos - one is the much-requested review of the FX Impact. The other is a detailed scientific explanation (geek alert: code red) of why animals kick around after being shot in the head. I have 5 text books and and interview with a professor of neurology to draw upon.

Good to hear you will be producing more videos. I am a Brit transplant in your neighboring state MN... Your videos were instrumental in getting me back into Airguns again after many years of powder burners. It seems I have gone full circle after a long hiatus.... Except not 12 ft Ib's over here 😎 . I am 13 squirrels down this fall from the back yard.... 

hi all, iv been keeping an eye on this website since hearing about the FX impact and every time i googled it this site showed up alot so on a daily basis i refresh searching fx impact on here but hadnt joined, until now! and why do you ask?! Teds back! i dont pretend to know him but love the vids and honest reviews and im hopping for plenty on the impact. special thanks to atoyota25 on utube for your vids too. iv seen you talk on here too. its going to be my first pcp. thats if they let us here in new zealand get them! still no word on that. anyway great site, keep the chat going :)

"Ted"I actually hope to make at least 10. 2015 was definitely a "down year" for me. The creation of this forum was taxing in many ways. Video production definitely suffered as a result. But, now the reigns are firmly in Michael's hands, and I'm glad to get back to shooting (and shooting). I admit that I've become more and more critical of my own work. So, these days I spend waaaaaay more time on research and editing than I did when I started. I am currently working on two videos - one is the much-requested review of the FX Impact. The other is a detailed scientific explanation (geek alert: code red) of why animals kick around after being shot in the head. I have 5 text books and and interview with a professor of neurology to draw upon.
Can't wait for the Nerdy stuff Ted!! That sounds very interesting, I always wondered why "lights out" actually meant "thrash about for 5 seconds"

"Ted"I actually hope to make at least 10. 2015 was definitely a "down year" for me. The creation of this forum was taxing in many ways. Video production definitely suffered as a result. But, now the reigns are firmly in Michael's hands, and I'm glad to get back to shooting (and shooting). I admit that I've become more and more critical of my own work. So, these days I spend waaaaaay more time on research and editing than I did when I started. I am currently working on two videos - one is the much-requested review of the FX Impact. The other is a detailed scientific explanation (geek alert: code red) of why animals kick around after being shot in the head. I have 5 text books and and interview with a professor of neurology to draw upon.
Glad your back Ted. Looking forward to your next release. Stop in and say hi on here every once in a while. I did pickup a use Daystate Huntsman Classic because of one of you video's. Have a great Christmas.

I think there's a hard line between making an informative video and presenting a quality video. Not saying you can't do both but unless you really have a talent and desire for both I think one could kill the passion for the other. There's no doubt that Ted puts in countless hours for a quality video of 6 or so minutes. And he said it himself that he's becoming more critical of his own work and I have to guess that's the video/production end of the work. I can't imagine him being critical of his shooting. :) The problem is you can really beat yourself up over production issues and I, for one, am much more interested in content than production. Sure, you're out on a windy day and the audio is over 50% wind noise and we can't understand what's being said then maybe that's a cause for a 'do over'. But I saw a hunt video the other day where the guy was re-enacting shots, like 'reality' tv. He's sticking in video sections of us watching him take the shot, but it's not the real shot. I mean that's not information, that's ego. I can't speak for everybody but for myself I don't watch AG videos for entertainment I watch them for education. Ted is a naturally engaging person so his educational videos are also somewhat entertaining. And for the guy that likes to make hunting videos more like reality tv shows, I'm positive some folks like that and he has his audience too. I'm not sure I learned one thing watching his video and that's the reason I'm watching. So Ted, keep it simple and keep those videos coming because me, and some other folks, have A LOT to learn. Thanks for all you do.

10 or so new videos ! Sweet ! Maybe Ted could start a new Magazine like Teds monthly but only put out like 8 issues a year with Sexy Hot new air rifle in the middle ? And a listing of places that they have pests that the locals need some help getting rid of ? And maybe a whole issue on the FX Bobcat and all it's good points . Yes that's what I want for Christmas : )