• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Talon Tunes------spot on.

After dealing with several air gun companies it's a pleasure to have finally found Tony. He hooked me up with a couple of RTIs and helped me with problems that my Arizona air gun company (name withheld) refused to assist on after they had sold it to me.

image000000.jpg

20230309_164231(0).jpg

Reactions: rsfrid
Funny story. I just made a purchase from talon tunes, and there was only 2 of this item left in stock. I ordered it online, and told a buddy I did so. Minutes after I made the order, he increased the price of the last one in stock by $50.
wtf is that all about?
I got mine for the price it was listed previously, but if he bought one 10mins later, it was $50 more expensive. i call that price gouging. If he wasn’t the only one that carried this particular product, and the fact I could find one uses is the ONLY reason I bought anything from him. I don’t support that kind of business ethics.

Funny story. I just made a purchase from talon tunes, and there was only 2 of this item left in stock. I ordered it online, and told a buddy I did so. Minutes after I made the order, he increased the price of the last one in stock by $50.
wtf is that all about?
I got mine for the price it was listed previously, but if he bought one 10mins later, it was $50 more expensive. i call that price gouging. If he wasn’t the only one that carried this particular product, and the fact I could find one uses is the ONLY reason I bought anything from him. I don’t support that kind of business ethics.
I’ve always been pleased with Talon Tunes. Airgun prices are like used cars, they go up and down based on supply and demand. The lower the inventory the higher the price. Be grateful you got a deal!
Some companies have OnE day only sales, or free shipping with purchases over a certain dollar amount - point is - profit margin is very slim for a small business paying for brick and mortar etc… I’d bet his rent and insurance went up 20% last year? But we as consumers always have a choice. Tony is a small business and I support small businesses.

I’ve always been pleased with Talon Tunes. Airgun prices are like used cars, they go up and down based on supply and demand. The lower the inventory the higher the price. Be grateful you got a deal!
Some companies have OnE day only sales, or free shipping with purchases over a certain dollar amount - point is - profit margin is very slim for a small business paying for brick and mortar etc… I’d bet his rent and insurance went up 20% last year? But we as consumers always have a choice. Tony is a small business and I support small businesses.
Sorry. I don’t believe that. This was a matter of “oh, I’ve only got one left! Better Jack the price to get some extra money out of the next scmuck!”
This isn’t used car sales. People don’t “need” airguns. There’s a much smaller market for us, so you have to stay competitive, or we will go somewhere else. Bad business tactics like this won’t help your cause. I for one won’t be buying anything from Tony again.

Sorry. I don’t believe that. This was a matter of “oh, I’ve only got one left! Better Jack the price to get some extra money out of the next scmuck!”
This isn’t used car sales. People don’t “need” airguns. There’s a much smaller market for us, so you have to stay competitive, or we will go somewhere else. Bad business tactics like this won’t help your cause. I for one won’t be buying anything from Tony again.
Lets not talk about the swapping of barrels in Taipans years back.....

Reactions: madeintheuk
wtf is that all about?
I’ve thought about this a good bit. Price gouging is the raising of prices for ESSENTIAL products or Services during emergencies or demanding or critical times, like a storm or pandemic. Nothing about airguns is essential or critical. I’m of the school where if “you” bought something and “you” got a good deal - end of story. What a merchant wants to charge the next customer is between “them”. I’d also remind people that even in 2023, you can still haggle over pricing. Try it! I understand that when we tell others about a good deal and they try to get the same deal and can’t, oh well - let them dicker!

I’ve thought about this a good bit. Price gouging is the raising of prices for ESSENTIAL products or Services during emergencies or demanding or critical times, like a storm or pandemic. Nothing about airguns is essential or critical. I’m of the school where if “you” bought something and “you” got a good deal - end of story. What a merchant wants to charge the next customer is between “them”. I’d also remind people that even in 2023, you can still haggle over pricing. Try it! I understand that when we tell others about a good deal and they try to get the same deal and can’t, oh well - let them dicker!
Whil I understand what you’re trying to say, you still need to understand that it’s just bad business practice. For him to literally change the price 10mins after the second to last one is purchased says all it needs to about you.
I had told my friend that I purchased for that price, then when looking again to send him the link, that’s when I noticed. It prevented him from buying the last one, but also showed Tony’s true colors. I will not do busienss with someone like that. Especially with his past track record. I honestly thought he was turning things around after recent posts here of praise, but he’s still the same old Tony.

understood.
Whil I understand what you’re trying to say, you still need to understand that it’s just bad business practice. For him to literally change the price 10mins after the second to last one is purchased says all it needs to about you.
I had told my friend that I purchased for that price, then when looking again to send him the link, that’s when I noticed. It prevented him from buying the last one, but also showed Tony’s true colors. I will not do busienss with someone like that. Especially with his past track record. I honestly thought he was turning things around after recent posts here of praise, but he’s still the same old Tony.